Steven Spielberg Tapped to Direct First 'Tintin', Peter Jackson Second
Speculations about the order of the directors for the "Tintin" film trilogy have partly been answered. In an interview with IndieLondon.co.uk, the star of the family animation films, Andy Serkis has revealed that "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" helmer Steven Spielberg and "Lord of the Rings" trilogy director Peter Jackson have been tapped to direct the first and second "Tintin" films respectively.
Talking about him being reunited with Jackson for the project, the man behind the character of Gollum in "Lord of the Rings" series revealed, "Steven Spielberg is directing the first one, and then Peter Jackson is doing the second." Despite revealing the directors' order for the first two films, Serkis didn't say who might be directing the third film.
On the occasion, the 43-year-old actor also let out the filming schedule stating that he will fly to start the shooting a day after the interview. He further explained that the majority of the principal photography should start in September, but following the writers' strike, the schedules were moved a bit. The first of the "Tintin" trilogy is slated for 2009 release followed by "Tintin 2" in 2010.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'