Steven Spielberg Tapped to Direct First 'Tintin', Peter Jackson Second
Speculations about the order of the directors for the "Tintin" film trilogy have partly been answered. In an interview with IndieLondon.co.uk, the star of the family animation films, Andy Serkis has revealed that "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" helmer Steven Spielberg and "Lord of the Rings" trilogy director Peter Jackson have been tapped to direct the first and second "Tintin" films respectively.
Talking about him being reunited with Jackson for the project, the man behind the character of Gollum in "Lord of the Rings" series revealed, "Steven Spielberg is directing the first one, and then Peter Jackson is doing the second." Despite revealing the directors' order for the first two films, Serkis didn't say who might be directing the third film.
On the occasion, the 43-year-old actor also let out the filming schedule stating that he will fly to start the shooting a day after the interview. He further explained that the majority of the principal photography should start in September, but following the writers' strike, the schedules were moved a bit. The first of the "Tintin" trilogy is slated for 2009 release followed by "Tintin 2" in 2010.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked