Steven Spielberg Tapped to Direct First 'Tintin', Peter Jackson Second
Speculations about the order of the directors for the "Tintin" film trilogy have partly been answered. In an interview with IndieLondon.co.uk, the star of the family animation films, Andy Serkis has revealed that "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" helmer Steven Spielberg and "Lord of the Rings" trilogy director Peter Jackson have been tapped to direct the first and second "Tintin" films respectively.
Talking about him being reunited with Jackson for the project, the man behind the character of Gollum in "Lord of the Rings" series revealed, "Steven Spielberg is directing the first one, and then Peter Jackson is doing the second." Despite revealing the directors' order for the first two films, Serkis didn't say who might be directing the third film.
On the occasion, the 43-year-old actor also let out the filming schedule stating that he will fly to start the shooting a day after the interview. He further explained that the majority of the principal photography should start in September, but following the writers' strike, the schedules were moved a bit. The first of the "Tintin" trilogy is slated for 2009 release followed by "Tintin 2" in 2010.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special