Steven Spielberg Tapped to Direct First 'Tintin', Peter Jackson Second
Speculations about the order of the directors for the "Tintin" film trilogy have partly been answered. In an interview with IndieLondon.co.uk, the star of the family animation films, Andy Serkis has revealed that "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" helmer Steven Spielberg and "Lord of the Rings" trilogy director Peter Jackson have been tapped to direct the first and second "Tintin" films respectively.
Talking about him being reunited with Jackson for the project, the man behind the character of Gollum in "Lord of the Rings" series revealed, "Steven Spielberg is directing the first one, and then Peter Jackson is doing the second." Despite revealing the directors' order for the first two films, Serkis didn't say who might be directing the third film.
On the occasion, the 43-year-old actor also let out the filming schedule stating that he will fly to start the shooting a day after the interview. He further explained that the majority of the principal photography should start in September, but following the writers' strike, the schedules were moved a bit. The first of the "Tintin" trilogy is slated for 2009 release followed by "Tintin 2" in 2010.
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia
- 'Psychopath' Sulli Gets Blasted for Biting Her Cat
- New Romance? Shirtless Justin Bieber Enjoys Romantic Hike With This Model
- Comic-Con: 'Westworld' Season 2 Trailer Is Violence Galore
- Pics: Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless, Parades Impressive Bum in Thong Bikini
- Song Joong Ki Reveals He Told Song Hye Kyo to Announce Their Wedding Due to Groundless Rumors