Paramore Sat Down to Address Break Up Issue
Paramore's lead singer Haylie Williams and her band mates have sat down for the first time with MTV to discuss what was going on behind all the rumors of the band's break up. Through the interview, it can be confirmed now that the Grammy-nominated band are not splitting up.
The band posted a message in February that they needed sometime off to figure out some "internal issues", leading to speculations that they were considering to quit. On the contrary Williams said with a laugh, "No, Paramore is not breaking up. Not at all." The band were in fact made a headliner at South by Southwest on Friday (March 14) and decided to address the truth on the occasion.
"We tried to be as honest as we could with it, without giving our life stories, and it definitely did come back to bite us, but in the end, it was the best thing for us to do, to communicate with our fans that we needed time. We needed time to come home and catch our breath," Williams elaborated further.
Williams admitted when they wrote that blog, they were all at the airport ready to go home with downward mood. "The first blog we posted was definitely a downer. We tried to thread some hope in there, but we were bummed out, we were letting a lot of people down, and we didn't like that," she said on canceling the shows. "We never like letting people down, which might be the reason we got in this situation in the first place."
She also quashed the rumor that she was pregnant, which people quickly took as the reason of the breaking up. "It sucks people took it that far, but it's... everything's cool, we're all right," she added. "We're off to a better start than we were about a year ago. It feels good, and when we go back out on the road, I just think we'll be more prepared for whatever comes up."
Paramore, will be ready to hit the road this April, co-headlining it with Jimmy Eat World. They are also expected to go on with the booked slot at Give It a Name Festival this May in U.K..
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6