50 Cent Made a Presenter at 2008 MTV Australia Awards
50 Cent will fly to Australia to tour for the first time in 2 years and make a stop at the continent's MTV Awards along the way. Organizers of the event confirmed on Thursday, March 13 that the rapper will be a presenter at the April 26 event following a stop in Auckland on date 25.
In the event held at Sydney's Australian Technology Park, 50 will join the already announced acts like rapper Eve and actress slash singer Juliette Lewis. "He is one of the biggest selling rap artists in history and there is no doubt that he is going to put a fantastic performance together for the awards show," MTV Australia's Ean Thorley told Smh.com.au. "For MTV we are really concerned with his music, what he does out of life is not of concern to us."
Since Snoop Dogg was denied an entry to Australia last year due to visa problem, Thorley is particularly hopeful for 50's attendance. "Having 50 cent here is a chance to give the viewers what they want... the fact that he was here in 2006 is a positive thing," Thorley said. 50 will open the tour in Australia with a Sydney date on April 23 and close it with a Melbourne date on April 27.
Nominees of the 2008 MTV Australia Awards have been announced earlier this week with Foo Fighters leading the way on the international category while Delta Goodrem rules the local nods.
More 50 Cent News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special