Comedian Cedric the Entertainer to Make Directorial Debut With 'Chicago'
The funny man in "Barbershop" movie Cedric the Entertainer has jumped in on the chance to helm a comedy project. According to Hollywood Reporter, the 43-year-old actor will be making his directorial debut with the indie film "Chicago Pulaski Jones".
In the film to be produced by A Bird and A Bear Entertainment, the co-star of John Travolta in "Be Cool" will also act as the film's star. Joining him in the cast are Kel Mitchell, Tommy Davidson and Gary Sturgis.
Penned by Mitchell and Janice Woody, the film resolves around Jones, a young championship dancer seeking to make his name famous in the big city. However, when he arrives at the city, his uncle is murdered. Hence, he becomes a vigilante to avenge his death. The film is expected to be done in 2009.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show