Comedian Cedric the Entertainer to Make Directorial Debut With 'Chicago'
The funny man in "Barbershop" movie Cedric the Entertainer has jumped in on the chance to helm a comedy project. According to Hollywood Reporter, the 43-year-old actor will be making his directorial debut with the indie film "Chicago Pulaski Jones".
In the film to be produced by A Bird and A Bear Entertainment, the co-star of John Travolta in "Be Cool" will also act as the film's star. Joining him in the cast are Kel Mitchell, Tommy Davidson and Gary Sturgis.
Penned by Mitchell and Janice Woody, the film resolves around Jones, a young championship dancer seeking to make his name famous in the big city. However, when he arrives at the city, his uncle is murdered. Hence, he becomes a vigilante to avenge his death. The film is expected to be done in 2009.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death