'Buffy' Star Sarah Michelle Gellar Negotiating Indie Movie Role
The star of the acclaimed television series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Sarah Michelle Gellar is in final talks to star in independent drama film "Veronika Decides to Die". If signed, the wife of actor Freddie Prinze Jr. will star in the Das Films' movie alongside "Superman Returns" beauty Kate Bosworth, who is attached to the project.
"Veronika" tells a story about a severely depressed woman who finds out that she still wants to live after knowing that her previous suicide attempt left her a few days to live. Adapted from Paulo Coelho's best-seller novel, the film is set to be directed by Emily Young and produced by Sriram Das and Chris Hanley.
The 30-year-old Gellar has been very familiar with the filming industry as she has appeared in various feature films, including "Simply Irresistible", "Cruel Intentions", "Scooby-Doo" and its sequel "Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed", as well as "The Grudge" and "The Grudge 2". She recently can be seen in "The Air I Breathe", whereas next she is to appear in "Possession".
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?