'Buffy' Star Sarah Michelle Gellar Negotiating Indie Movie Role
The star of the acclaimed television series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Sarah Michelle Gellar is in final talks to star in independent drama film "Veronika Decides to Die". If signed, the wife of actor Freddie Prinze Jr. will star in the Das Films' movie alongside "Superman Returns" beauty Kate Bosworth, who is attached to the project.
"Veronika" tells a story about a severely depressed woman who finds out that she still wants to live after knowing that her previous suicide attempt left her a few days to live. Adapted from Paulo Coelho's best-seller novel, the film is set to be directed by Emily Young and produced by Sriram Das and Chris Hanley.
The 30-year-old Gellar has been very familiar with the filming industry as she has appeared in various feature films, including "Simply Irresistible", "Cruel Intentions", "Scooby-Doo" and its sequel "Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed", as well as "The Grudge" and "The Grudge 2". She recently can be seen in "The Air I Breathe", whereas next she is to appear in "Possession".
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet