'Buffy' Star Sarah Michelle Gellar Negotiating Indie Movie Role
The star of the acclaimed television series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Sarah Michelle Gellar is in final talks to star in independent drama film "Veronika Decides to Die". If signed, the wife of actor Freddie Prinze Jr. will star in the Das Films' movie alongside "Superman Returns" beauty Kate Bosworth, who is attached to the project.
"Veronika" tells a story about a severely depressed woman who finds out that she still wants to live after knowing that her previous suicide attempt left her a few days to live. Adapted from Paulo Coelho's best-seller novel, the film is set to be directed by Emily Young and produced by Sriram Das and Chris Hanley.
The 30-year-old Gellar has been very familiar with the filming industry as she has appeared in various feature films, including "Simply Irresistible", "Cruel Intentions", "Scooby-Doo" and its sequel "Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed", as well as "The Grudge" and "The Grudge 2". She recently can be seen in "The Air I Breathe", whereas next she is to appear in "Possession".
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger