'Buffy' Star Sarah Michelle Gellar Negotiating Indie Movie Role
The star of the acclaimed television series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Sarah Michelle Gellar is in final talks to star in independent drama film "Veronika Decides to Die". If signed, the wife of actor Freddie Prinze Jr. will star in the Das Films' movie alongside "Superman Returns" beauty Kate Bosworth, who is attached to the project.
"Veronika" tells a story about a severely depressed woman who finds out that she still wants to live after knowing that her previous suicide attempt left her a few days to live. Adapted from Paulo Coelho's best-seller novel, the film is set to be directed by Emily Young and produced by Sriram Das and Chris Hanley.
The 30-year-old Gellar has been very familiar with the filming industry as she has appeared in various feature films, including "Simply Irresistible", "Cruel Intentions", "Scooby-Doo" and its sequel "Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed", as well as "The Grudge" and "The Grudge 2". She recently can be seen in "The Air I Breathe", whereas next she is to appear in "Possession".
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show