'Buffy' Star Sarah Michelle Gellar Negotiating Indie Movie Role
The star of the acclaimed television series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Sarah Michelle Gellar is in final talks to star in independent drama film "Veronika Decides to Die". If signed, the wife of actor Freddie Prinze Jr. will star in the Das Films' movie alongside "Superman Returns" beauty Kate Bosworth, who is attached to the project.
"Veronika" tells a story about a severely depressed woman who finds out that she still wants to live after knowing that her previous suicide attempt left her a few days to live. Adapted from Paulo Coelho's best-seller novel, the film is set to be directed by Emily Young and produced by Sriram Das and Chris Hanley.
The 30-year-old Gellar has been very familiar with the filming industry as she has appeared in various feature films, including "Simply Irresistible", "Cruel Intentions", "Scooby-Doo" and its sequel "Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed", as well as "The Grudge" and "The Grudge 2". She recently can be seen in "The Air I Breathe", whereas next she is to appear in "Possession".
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...