Rachel Bilson Designs Line for DKNY
Is widely known as an actress, Rachel Bilson has turned to a fashion designer. The movie beauty is jumping into fashion bandwagon by collaborating with big label DKNY to design a line of junior sportswear.
The line, which is about to be called Edie Rose for DKNY Jeans, is expected to hit stores September later this year. The name actually came after two women Bilson was inspired by as she was growing up.
The Edie Rose for DKNY Jeans line will start as a 15-piece collection including casual tops, sweaters, coats, dresses and two jeans styles. The collections, according to Kevin Monogue, president of DKNY Jeans, will be very different to the DKNY Jeans collection that people expect.
Speaking about her new venture, Bilson told WWD, "This is something that I have been interested in doing for such a long time. I was just waiting for the perfect opportunity for it to be done right."
She went on saying, "This line is my main focus right now. I can't draw at all, so I won't be doing any sketches, but I am learning to sew. I think it's important to know more about the whole process of making clothes."
As of her acting career, Bilson is having her latest big screen project "Jumper" hit the theaters on date 14 last month. She starred in the adventure science-fiction flick alongside actor boyfriend Hayden Christensen.
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington