Rachel Bilson Designs Line for DKNY
Is widely known as an actress, Rachel Bilson has turned to a fashion designer. The movie beauty is jumping into fashion bandwagon by collaborating with big label DKNY to design a line of junior sportswear.
The line, which is about to be called Edie Rose for DKNY Jeans, is expected to hit stores September later this year. The name actually came after two women Bilson was inspired by as she was growing up.
The Edie Rose for DKNY Jeans line will start as a 15-piece collection including casual tops, sweaters, coats, dresses and two jeans styles. The collections, according to Kevin Monogue, president of DKNY Jeans, will be very different to the DKNY Jeans collection that people expect.
Speaking about her new venture, Bilson told WWD, "This is something that I have been interested in doing for such a long time. I was just waiting for the perfect opportunity for it to be done right."
She went on saying, "This line is my main focus right now. I can't draw at all, so I won't be doing any sketches, but I am learning to sew. I think it's important to know more about the whole process of making clothes."
As of her acting career, Bilson is having her latest big screen project "Jumper" hit the theaters on date 14 last month. She starred in the adventure science-fiction flick alongside actor boyfriend Hayden Christensen.
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle