Sara Bareilles, Honoree of ASCAP's Vanguard Awards
Sara Bareilles, pop singer known for her hit single "Love Song", will be honored with Vanguard Award by The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP). She is also set to perform at the ceremony dubbed the 25th Annual Pop Music Awards on April 9 at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
The particular award is given to artists whose music help shape the future of American music. Previous recipients include Arcade Fire, Jack Johnson, The All-American Rejects, Modest Mouse and Beck. The ASCAP Pop Music Awards meanwhile, is part of the association's "I Create Music" week, an entire week of events being held in L.A. to celebrate the voice of the music creator.
Beside Bareilles, there will also be a number of other performances from Steve Miller, Lionel Richie, Elliott Yamin, as well as Chris Tompkins and Josh Kear who co-wrote Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats". Miller and Richie in particular, will be the honorees of Lifetime Achievement Awards.
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Watch Charli XCX's Adorable 'Boys' Video Starring Joe Jonas, Charlie Puth, Jay Park and More Hotties
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Firefighter Spin-Off Casts Jaina Lee Ortiz
- Ike Barinholtz Broke His Neck While Filming Movie Stunt
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Tummy in Skintight Crop Top
- Henry Cavill Addresses 'Justice League' 'Mustache Fiasco' With Hilarious Instagram Post
- Was '4:44' Album Title Inspired by Jay-Z and Solange's Elevator Fight?
- HBO's Porn Drama 'The Deuce' Gets a September Premiere Date