Sara Bareilles, Honoree of ASCAP's Vanguard Awards
Sara Bareilles, pop singer known for her hit single "Love Song", will be honored with Vanguard Award by The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP). She is also set to perform at the ceremony dubbed the 25th Annual Pop Music Awards on April 9 at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
The particular award is given to artists whose music help shape the future of American music. Previous recipients include Arcade Fire, Jack Johnson, The All-American Rejects, Modest Mouse and Beck. The ASCAP Pop Music Awards meanwhile, is part of the association's "I Create Music" week, an entire week of events being held in L.A. to celebrate the voice of the music creator.
Beside Bareilles, there will also be a number of other performances from Steve Miller, Lionel Richie, Elliott Yamin, as well as Chris Tompkins and Josh Kear who co-wrote Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats". Miller and Richie in particular, will be the honorees of Lifetime Achievement Awards.
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'