Sara Bareilles, Honoree of ASCAP's Vanguard Awards
Sara Bareilles, pop singer known for her hit single "Love Song", will be honored with Vanguard Award by The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP). She is also set to perform at the ceremony dubbed the 25th Annual Pop Music Awards on April 9 at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
The particular award is given to artists whose music help shape the future of American music. Previous recipients include Arcade Fire, Jack Johnson, The All-American Rejects, Modest Mouse and Beck. The ASCAP Pop Music Awards meanwhile, is part of the association's "I Create Music" week, an entire week of events being held in L.A. to celebrate the voice of the music creator.
Beside Bareilles, there will also be a number of other performances from Steve Miller, Lionel Richie, Elliott Yamin, as well as Chris Tompkins and Josh Kear who co-wrote Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats". Miller and Richie in particular, will be the honorees of Lifetime Achievement Awards.
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Here's Why Chris Pratt Refuses to Take Selfies With Fans
- Faye Dunaway Feels 'Very Guilty' About Oscar Flub
- Lil Wayne Ends Idaho Show After Fan Throws Drink at Him - Watch the Footage
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'