Sara Bareilles, Honoree of ASCAP's Vanguard Awards
Sara Bareilles, pop singer known for her hit single "Love Song", will be honored with Vanguard Award by The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP). She is also set to perform at the ceremony dubbed the 25th Annual Pop Music Awards on April 9 at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
The particular award is given to artists whose music help shape the future of American music. Previous recipients include Arcade Fire, Jack Johnson, The All-American Rejects, Modest Mouse and Beck. The ASCAP Pop Music Awards meanwhile, is part of the association's "I Create Music" week, an entire week of events being held in L.A. to celebrate the voice of the music creator.
Beside Bareilles, there will also be a number of other performances from Steve Miller, Lionel Richie, Elliott Yamin, as well as Chris Tompkins and Josh Kear who co-wrote Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats". Miller and Richie in particular, will be the honorees of Lifetime Achievement Awards.
- Desperate to Lose Weight, Mariah Carey Opts for Breast Reduction Surgery
- Marc Anthony Makes First Red Carpet Appearance With Girlfriend Mariana Downing
- Rihanna Is Not Taking Remy Ma's Side in Rapper's Feud With Nicki Minaj
- Ashley Olsen and Richard Sachs Have Called It Quits After Five Months of Dating
- Future and The Weeknd Tease 'Comin Out Strong' Music Video Filmed in Subway Car
- 'Legion' Season Finale Preview: You're Gods
- It's Over! Kim Kardashian 'Pulling the Plug' on Her Marriage to Kanye West
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Are Talking Again After Bitter Split: 'He's Much Happier'