Sara Bareilles, Honoree of ASCAP's Vanguard Awards
Sara Bareilles, pop singer known for her hit single "Love Song", will be honored with Vanguard Award by The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP). She is also set to perform at the ceremony dubbed the 25th Annual Pop Music Awards on April 9 at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
The particular award is given to artists whose music help shape the future of American music. Previous recipients include Arcade Fire, Jack Johnson, The All-American Rejects, Modest Mouse and Beck. The ASCAP Pop Music Awards meanwhile, is part of the association's "I Create Music" week, an entire week of events being held in L.A. to celebrate the voice of the music creator.
Beside Bareilles, there will also be a number of other performances from Steve Miller, Lionel Richie, Elliott Yamin, as well as Chris Tompkins and Josh Kear who co-wrote Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats". Miller and Richie in particular, will be the honorees of Lifetime Achievement Awards.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes