2008 MTV Australia Awards Nominees Announced
Foo Fighters have been named the international leading nominees in the 2008 MTV Australia Awards. Beside put under Live Performer category, the rock band are also vying for the coveted Music Video of the Year.
The Foos who embarked on an Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace Tour last year, will have to compete with four other acts to win the former gong. Those who become their competitions will be Pink (I'm Not Dead Tour) and Lupe Fiasco (Snow Jam) among some. Meanwhile, in latter nod, the Foos' video for "The Pretender" will have to compete against 50 Cent, Timbaland and Justin Timberlake's joint video "Ayo Technology" as well as Mika's "Happy Ending".
The event divide its awards categories into ten and on-line voting has been opened on the official site. Winners will be announced in a ceremony held at Sydney's Australian Technology Park on April 26. The voting will close one day before the actual event.
Australian-born singer Delta Goodrem is also nominated for the Australian Artist Music Award along with Silverchair, Sneaky Sound System, Operator Please and The Veronicas.
Partial Nominees of 2008 MTV Australia Awards:
Music Video of the Year:
- Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie - Clumsy
- Mika - Happy Ending
- Delta Goodrem - Believe Again
- Foo Fighters - The Pretender
- 50 Cent Feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland - Ayo Technology
- The Mint Chicks
- The Checks
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion