R 'n' B Star Akon to Release 'Thug Politics'
Akon can now add author to his resume after signing a deal to write a book based on his life. The R&B star has signed a publishing deal with rapper-turned-publisher C-Murder to release a book to be titled "Thug Politics".
"Thug Politics" is due in stores April or May later this year. The book is the second title from C-Murder's TRU Publishing company following the February 2008 release of rapper Jacki-O's "Grown and Gangsta."
Greater than the publishing deal, Akon, C-Murder and Jacki-O will all join a literary campaign to promote their books, as well as literacy amongst children and teens. No date has been set for the campaign though.
Akon rose to fame in 2004 following the release of his single "Locked Up" from his debut album "Trouble." He's currently on house arrest pending a trial for second-degree murder of a 16-year-old, who was shot in the chest during a January 12, 2002 brawl at a now-closed club in Harvey, Louisiana. His trial is set to begin on June 9.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns