R 'n' B Star Akon to Release 'Thug Politics'
Akon can now add author to his resume after signing a deal to write a book based on his life. The R&B star has signed a publishing deal with rapper-turned-publisher C-Murder to release a book to be titled "Thug Politics".
"Thug Politics" is due in stores April or May later this year. The book is the second title from C-Murder's TRU Publishing company following the February 2008 release of rapper Jacki-O's "Grown and Gangsta."
Greater than the publishing deal, Akon, C-Murder and Jacki-O will all join a literary campaign to promote their books, as well as literacy amongst children and teens. No date has been set for the campaign though.
Akon rose to fame in 2004 following the release of his single "Locked Up" from his debut album "Trouble." He's currently on house arrest pending a trial for second-degree murder of a 16-year-old, who was shot in the chest during a January 12, 2002 brawl at a now-closed club in Harvey, Louisiana. His trial is set to begin on June 9.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy