R 'n' B Star Akon to Release 'Thug Politics'
Akon can now add author to his resume after signing a deal to write a book based on his life. The R&B star has signed a publishing deal with rapper-turned-publisher C-Murder to release a book to be titled "Thug Politics".
"Thug Politics" is due in stores April or May later this year. The book is the second title from C-Murder's TRU Publishing company following the February 2008 release of rapper Jacki-O's "Grown and Gangsta."
Greater than the publishing deal, Akon, C-Murder and Jacki-O will all join a literary campaign to promote their books, as well as literacy amongst children and teens. No date has been set for the campaign though.
Akon rose to fame in 2004 following the release of his single "Locked Up" from his debut album "Trouble." He's currently on house arrest pending a trial for second-degree murder of a 16-year-old, who was shot in the chest during a January 12, 2002 brawl at a now-closed club in Harvey, Louisiana. His trial is set to begin on June 9.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?