R 'n' B Star Akon to Release 'Thug Politics'
Akon can now add author to his resume after signing a deal to write a book based on his life. The R&B star has signed a publishing deal with rapper-turned-publisher C-Murder to release a book to be titled "Thug Politics".
"Thug Politics" is due in stores April or May later this year. The book is the second title from C-Murder's TRU Publishing company following the February 2008 release of rapper Jacki-O's "Grown and Gangsta."
Greater than the publishing deal, Akon, C-Murder and Jacki-O will all join a literary campaign to promote their books, as well as literacy amongst children and teens. No date has been set for the campaign though.
Akon rose to fame in 2004 following the release of his single "Locked Up" from his debut album "Trouble." He's currently on house arrest pending a trial for second-degree murder of a 16-year-old, who was shot in the chest during a January 12, 2002 brawl at a now-closed club in Harvey, Louisiana. His trial is set to begin on June 9.
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack