R 'n' B Star Akon to Release 'Thug Politics'
Akon can now add author to his resume after signing a deal to write a book based on his life. The R&B star has signed a publishing deal with rapper-turned-publisher C-Murder to release a book to be titled "Thug Politics".
"Thug Politics" is due in stores April or May later this year. The book is the second title from C-Murder's TRU Publishing company following the February 2008 release of rapper Jacki-O's "Grown and Gangsta."
Greater than the publishing deal, Akon, C-Murder and Jacki-O will all join a literary campaign to promote their books, as well as literacy amongst children and teens. No date has been set for the campaign though.
Akon rose to fame in 2004 following the release of his single "Locked Up" from his debut album "Trouble." He's currently on house arrest pending a trial for second-degree murder of a 16-year-old, who was shot in the chest during a January 12, 2002 brawl at a now-closed club in Harvey, Louisiana. His trial is set to begin on June 9.
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch