Portia de Rossi Paid Tribute to Murdered Homosexual in New PSA TV Ad
Showing her tribute to murdered homosexual Lawrence King, Portia de Rossi is following in the footstep of her same-sex partner Ellen DeGeneres who's been outspoken to stop hate towards gays by signing to star in a new public service announcement TV ad. The PSA came just days after Ellen tearfully honored the gay teen, claimed she was deeply affected by the murder of King during an emotional outburst on her TV show last month.
King, 15, was shot in the head at his Oxnard, California, junior high school back on February 12 reportedly for being a homosexual. Fellow classmate Brandon McInerney, 14, has been charged with the killing. Days before he was murdered, King had apparently asked McInerney to be his valentine.
Joined the cause to honor King, de Rossi appears in a new PSA, which was debuted on America's gay TV network Logo on Monday, March 10. The actress said during the announcement, "Imagine if wearing make-up and a dress could get you killed. For 15-year-old Lawrence King, that's just what happened."
In addition to de Rossi, the 60 second PSA also features the likes of Janet Jackson, Andre Benjamin, Ashanti, T. R. Knight, Taylor Swift, singer-songwriter and pianist Sara Bareilles, and author-actress Calpernia Addams.
Have a peek at the video of the PSA below.
More Portia de Rossi News
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle