Juelz Santana Busted on Suspicion of Weapons and Drug Possession
Juelz Santana has been arrested on suspicion of weapons and drug possession outside his New Jersey home. The rap star was arrested last week near the entrance of his home in Teaneck's gated Glenpointe community.
New York's Daily News has reported that Santana, born LaRon Louis James, was pulled over in his Bentley by police last week for driving with a suspended license. The arresting officer claimed he smelled the odor of marijuana and allegedly saw a "green leafy substance", Dutch Masters and White Owl cigars on the car's center console.
After further search, police also discovered 29 hollow-point bullets wrapped in a sock as well as $19,500 in cash in a hidden plastic bag filled with "hundreds of Jolly Rancher candies." To make matter worse, a marijuana-laced, hand-rolled cigar was also discovered inside Santana's shoe.
Officers, furthermore, also recovered a sandwich bag stuffed with marijuana on the backseat of their cruiser, where Juelz sat after being arrested.
Santana, as a result, was scheduled to appear in New Jersey Municipal Court Wednesday, March 12 to face charges of driving with a suspended license and being in the possession of marijuana and hollow point bullets. Story is developing.
A rap star, Santana is also known as a producer and small time actor. He came to fame following his appearances on Cam'ron's 2002 singles, "Oh Boy" and "Hey Ma."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says