Muse to Opt Dancey Materials and Revolutionized Release
New details on Muse's upcoming album have been outed by frontman Matt Bellamy. The rock band who are recording their fifth effort will pick dancey kind of materials that pretty much are inspired by their 2006 release "Black Holes & Revelations".
"I think on the next album I'd like to do at least one 15-minute space-rock solo," Bellamy told NME. "Apart from that, 'Supermassive Black Hole' (their 2006 single) opened up a new area for us of dancing, grooving, rhythm section-dominated songs. I'd love to do more stuff like that really."
They have also thought of a revolutionized way of releasing the album. "I don't think we're going to approach the next album like we're making an album... we're just gonna make a load of music," Bellamy said, adding that it would probably be "a series of songs, every month or every couple of months - just putting songs out there."
The plan will consequently lead to a greatest hits in the end of the year. "Almost like making the single a more prominent format and then every few years doing a 'best of' from that period and that would be the album. So in other words, throw out songs every couple of months and see how people like them, and whichever ones people like, stick that on a record of 11 tracks," he explained.
Still, the band doubt their label, Warner Records, will turn their back from the traditional approach. He continued, "We're under a traditional contract at the moment with Warners, so it's whether they're susceptible to doing things differently."
The rock band will release a double and live CD/DVD set of their 2007 Wembley Stadium shows on Monday, March 17 in U.K..
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!