Muse to Opt Dancey Materials and Revolutionized Release
New details on Muse's upcoming album have been outed by frontman Matt Bellamy. The rock band who are recording their fifth effort will pick dancey kind of materials that pretty much are inspired by their 2006 release "Black Holes & Revelations".
"I think on the next album I'd like to do at least one 15-minute space-rock solo," Bellamy told NME. "Apart from that, 'Supermassive Black Hole' (their 2006 single) opened up a new area for us of dancing, grooving, rhythm section-dominated songs. I'd love to do more stuff like that really."
They have also thought of a revolutionized way of releasing the album. "I don't think we're going to approach the next album like we're making an album... we're just gonna make a load of music," Bellamy said, adding that it would probably be "a series of songs, every month or every couple of months - just putting songs out there."
The plan will consequently lead to a greatest hits in the end of the year. "Almost like making the single a more prominent format and then every few years doing a 'best of' from that period and that would be the album. So in other words, throw out songs every couple of months and see how people like them, and whichever ones people like, stick that on a record of 11 tracks," he explained.
Still, the band doubt their label, Warner Records, will turn their back from the traditional approach. He continued, "We're under a traditional contract at the moment with Warners, so it's whether they're susceptible to doing things differently."
The rock band will release a double and live CD/DVD set of their 2007 Wembley Stadium shows on Monday, March 17 in U.K..
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift