Muse to Opt Dancey Materials and Revolutionized Release
New details on Muse's upcoming album have been outed by frontman Matt Bellamy. The rock band who are recording their fifth effort will pick dancey kind of materials that pretty much are inspired by their 2006 release "Black Holes & Revelations".
"I think on the next album I'd like to do at least one 15-minute space-rock solo," Bellamy told NME. "Apart from that, 'Supermassive Black Hole' (their 2006 single) opened up a new area for us of dancing, grooving, rhythm section-dominated songs. I'd love to do more stuff like that really."
They have also thought of a revolutionized way of releasing the album. "I don't think we're going to approach the next album like we're making an album... we're just gonna make a load of music," Bellamy said, adding that it would probably be "a series of songs, every month or every couple of months - just putting songs out there."
The plan will consequently lead to a greatest hits in the end of the year. "Almost like making the single a more prominent format and then every few years doing a 'best of' from that period and that would be the album. So in other words, throw out songs every couple of months and see how people like them, and whichever ones people like, stick that on a record of 11 tracks," he explained.
Still, the band doubt their label, Warner Records, will turn their back from the traditional approach. He continued, "We're under a traditional contract at the moment with Warners, so it's whether they're susceptible to doing things differently."
The rock band will release a double and live CD/DVD set of their 2007 Wembley Stadium shows on Monday, March 17 in U.K..
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage