Muse to Opt Dancey Materials and Revolutionized Release
New details on Muse's upcoming album have been outed by frontman Matt Bellamy. The rock band who are recording their fifth effort will pick dancey kind of materials that pretty much are inspired by their 2006 release "Black Holes & Revelations".
"I think on the next album I'd like to do at least one 15-minute space-rock solo," Bellamy told NME. "Apart from that, 'Supermassive Black Hole' (their 2006 single) opened up a new area for us of dancing, grooving, rhythm section-dominated songs. I'd love to do more stuff like that really."
They have also thought of a revolutionized way of releasing the album. "I don't think we're going to approach the next album like we're making an album... we're just gonna make a load of music," Bellamy said, adding that it would probably be "a series of songs, every month or every couple of months - just putting songs out there."
The plan will consequently lead to a greatest hits in the end of the year. "Almost like making the single a more prominent format and then every few years doing a 'best of' from that period and that would be the album. So in other words, throw out songs every couple of months and see how people like them, and whichever ones people like, stick that on a record of 11 tracks," he explained.
Still, the band doubt their label, Warner Records, will turn their back from the traditional approach. He continued, "We're under a traditional contract at the moment with Warners, so it's whether they're susceptible to doing things differently."
The rock band will release a double and live CD/DVD set of their 2007 Wembley Stadium shows on Monday, March 17 in U.K..
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns