'Spider-Man' Director to Produce Monster Movie
As Paramount Picture acquired the feature film rights to the adaptation of Douglas TenNapel's graphic novel "Monster Zoo", it was said that the man behind the blockbuster series "Spider-Man" Sam Raimi is going to act as the film's producer. According to Variety, the 48-year-old filmmaker has committed to produce the action adventure film via his Buckaroo Entertainment.
In producing the film, Raimi will be partnering with his cohort Josh Donen as well as "The Spiderwick Chronicles"'s Ellen Goldsmith Vein. Concerning the film itself, "Zoo" centers on a young boy who finds out that the zoo in his town has a mutated, caged animals. He and other teenagers then team up to stop the critters from destroying the world.
Raimi became known for his works in classic horror film "The Evil Dead" and also in Tobey Maguire-starrer "Spider-Man" series. He is currently developing and prepping for another Universal's film project "Drag Me to Hell" which initial leading actress Ellen Page had just pulled out and be replaced by Alison Lohman.
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?