'Spider-Man' Director to Produce Monster Movie
As Paramount Picture acquired the feature film rights to the adaptation of Douglas TenNapel's graphic novel "Monster Zoo", it was said that the man behind the blockbuster series "Spider-Man" Sam Raimi is going to act as the film's producer. According to Variety, the 48-year-old filmmaker has committed to produce the action adventure film via his Buckaroo Entertainment.
In producing the film, Raimi will be partnering with his cohort Josh Donen as well as "The Spiderwick Chronicles"'s Ellen Goldsmith Vein. Concerning the film itself, "Zoo" centers on a young boy who finds out that the zoo in his town has a mutated, caged animals. He and other teenagers then team up to stop the critters from destroying the world.
Raimi became known for his works in classic horror film "The Evil Dead" and also in Tobey Maguire-starrer "Spider-Man" series. He is currently developing and prepping for another Universal's film project "Drag Me to Hell" which initial leading actress Ellen Page had just pulled out and be replaced by Alison Lohman.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?