'Spider-Man' Director to Produce Monster Movie
As Paramount Picture acquired the feature film rights to the adaptation of Douglas TenNapel's graphic novel "Monster Zoo", it was said that the man behind the blockbuster series "Spider-Man" Sam Raimi is going to act as the film's producer. According to Variety, the 48-year-old filmmaker has committed to produce the action adventure film via his Buckaroo Entertainment.
In producing the film, Raimi will be partnering with his cohort Josh Donen as well as "The Spiderwick Chronicles"'s Ellen Goldsmith Vein. Concerning the film itself, "Zoo" centers on a young boy who finds out that the zoo in his town has a mutated, caged animals. He and other teenagers then team up to stop the critters from destroying the world.
Raimi became known for his works in classic horror film "The Evil Dead" and also in Tobey Maguire-starrer "Spider-Man" series. He is currently developing and prepping for another Universal's film project "Drag Me to Hell" which initial leading actress Ellen Page had just pulled out and be replaced by Alison Lohman.
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj
- Report: Generous George Clooney Under FBI Investigation for Money Laundering
- 'Justice League' Character Posters and Teasers Are Out, First Trailer Will Be Released Soon
- 'Twin Peaks' Revival: First Photos and Details Are Revealed
- FOX's' X-Men' Pilot 'Gifted' Unveils First BTS Photo Featuring Amy Acker