'Spider-Man' Director to Produce Monster Movie
As Paramount Picture acquired the feature film rights to the adaptation of Douglas TenNapel's graphic novel "Monster Zoo", it was said that the man behind the blockbuster series "Spider-Man" Sam Raimi is going to act as the film's producer. According to Variety, the 48-year-old filmmaker has committed to produce the action adventure film via his Buckaroo Entertainment.
In producing the film, Raimi will be partnering with his cohort Josh Donen as well as "The Spiderwick Chronicles"'s Ellen Goldsmith Vein. Concerning the film itself, "Zoo" centers on a young boy who finds out that the zoo in his town has a mutated, caged animals. He and other teenagers then team up to stop the critters from destroying the world.
Raimi became known for his works in classic horror film "The Evil Dead" and also in Tobey Maguire-starrer "Spider-Man" series. He is currently developing and prepping for another Universal's film project "Drag Me to Hell" which initial leading actress Ellen Page had just pulled out and be replaced by Alison Lohman.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour