Ice Cube Sets Release Date for 'Raw Footage'
Ice Cube is juggling his movie roles with the launching of his eight studio album, "Raw Footage" which is also his first in two years. The album may only come down the street in Summer but the rapper plans to celebrate it by cybercasting his concert at Austin's South by Southwest festival on Saturday, March 15.
The album includes collaborations from Musiq Soulchild, Nas, Scarface, WC and Dub C while its production involves those from Fred Wreck, Maestro, Emile and more. It will be released under his independent label, Lench Mob Records, on June 17. The first single "Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It" was released in January and so was its music video.
Meanwhile, the gig at SxSW will be streamed on the rapper's TV channel, UVNTV.com that he established with DJ Pooh the beginning of this year. According to Billboard.com, Microsoft will lend the site its new Silverlight technology for streaming, which is a cross-browser, cross-platform plug-in that delivers a richer user experience on the Web.
Ice Cube is due back on screen in the flick "Damage" that he produces himself this year and is rumored to be joining "The A-Team" (2010) as Sgt. Bosco 'B.A.' Baracus.
More Ice Cube News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce