Ice Cube Sets Release Date for 'Raw Footage'
Ice Cube is juggling his movie roles with the launching of his eight studio album, "Raw Footage" which is also his first in two years. The album may only come down the street in Summer but the rapper plans to celebrate it by cybercasting his concert at Austin's South by Southwest festival on Saturday, March 15.
The album includes collaborations from Musiq Soulchild, Nas, Scarface, WC and Dub C while its production involves those from Fred Wreck, Maestro, Emile and more. It will be released under his independent label, Lench Mob Records, on June 17. The first single "Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It" was released in January and so was its music video.
Meanwhile, the gig at SxSW will be streamed on the rapper's TV channel, UVNTV.com that he established with DJ Pooh the beginning of this year. According to Billboard.com, Microsoft will lend the site its new Silverlight technology for streaming, which is a cross-browser, cross-platform plug-in that delivers a richer user experience on the Web.
Ice Cube is due back on screen in the flick "Damage" that he produces himself this year and is rumored to be joining "The A-Team" (2010) as Sgt. Bosco 'B.A.' Baracus.
More Ice Cube News
- 'Jumanji' Is an Old School Video Game in Its First Trailer
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert