Ice Cube Sets Release Date for 'Raw Footage'
Ice Cube is juggling his movie roles with the launching of his eight studio album, "Raw Footage" which is also his first in two years. The album may only come down the street in Summer but the rapper plans to celebrate it by cybercasting his concert at Austin's South by Southwest festival on Saturday, March 15.
The album includes collaborations from Musiq Soulchild, Nas, Scarface, WC and Dub C while its production involves those from Fred Wreck, Maestro, Emile and more. It will be released under his independent label, Lench Mob Records, on June 17. The first single "Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It" was released in January and so was its music video.
Meanwhile, the gig at SxSW will be streamed on the rapper's TV channel, UVNTV.com that he established with DJ Pooh the beginning of this year. According to Billboard.com, Microsoft will lend the site its new Silverlight technology for streaming, which is a cross-browser, cross-platform plug-in that delivers a richer user experience on the Web.
Ice Cube is due back on screen in the flick "Damage" that he produces himself this year and is rumored to be joining "The A-Team" (2010) as Sgt. Bosco 'B.A.' Baracus.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour