Ice Cube Sets Release Date for 'Raw Footage'
Ice Cube is juggling his movie roles with the launching of his eight studio album, "Raw Footage" which is also his first in two years. The album may only come down the street in Summer but the rapper plans to celebrate it by cybercasting his concert at Austin's South by Southwest festival on Saturday, March 15.
The album includes collaborations from Musiq Soulchild, Nas, Scarface, WC and Dub C while its production involves those from Fred Wreck, Maestro, Emile and more. It will be released under his independent label, Lench Mob Records, on June 17. The first single "Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It" was released in January and so was its music video.
Meanwhile, the gig at SxSW will be streamed on the rapper's TV channel, UVNTV.com that he established with DJ Pooh the beginning of this year. According to Billboard.com, Microsoft will lend the site its new Silverlight technology for streaming, which is a cross-browser, cross-platform plug-in that delivers a richer user experience on the Web.
Ice Cube is due back on screen in the flick "Damage" that he produces himself this year and is rumored to be joining "The A-Team" (2010) as Sgt. Bosco 'B.A.' Baracus.
More Ice Cube News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby