Janet Jackson Rushed to Hospital Due to Shortness of Breath
Janet Jackson was rushed to hospital on Monday night, March 10. The singer was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles with what was cited as "shortness of breath."
News of the singer's trip to the hospital was first reported by US Weekly. The ailment comes in the wake of some good news for the singer whose new album "Discipline" debuted atop the Billboard album charts last week.
Revealing on Janet's latest condition, her spokesperson was quick to speak out Tuesday morning, March 11 saying, "Janet is fine. She's just battling this flu like everyone else."
Due to the hospitalization, Janet was forced to cancel an upcoming Saturday Night Live appearance originally scheduled for Saturday, March 15 in support of her latest album, "Discipline," which was released last month.
Publicist Patti Webster told The Associated Press in an e-mail Janet pulled out of the March 15 "SNL" telecast because "she needs some time to get better."
"SNL" spokesman Marc Liepis, elsewhere, said he did not know what music act will replace Janet.
More Janet Jackson News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March