Janet Jackson Rushed to Hospital Due to Shortness of Breath
Janet Jackson was rushed to hospital on Monday night, March 10. The singer was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles with what was cited as "shortness of breath."
News of the singer's trip to the hospital was first reported by US Weekly. The ailment comes in the wake of some good news for the singer whose new album "Discipline" debuted atop the Billboard album charts last week.
Revealing on Janet's latest condition, her spokesperson was quick to speak out Tuesday morning, March 11 saying, "Janet is fine. She's just battling this flu like everyone else."
Due to the hospitalization, Janet was forced to cancel an upcoming Saturday Night Live appearance originally scheduled for Saturday, March 15 in support of her latest album, "Discipline," which was released last month.
Publicist Patti Webster told The Associated Press in an e-mail Janet pulled out of the March 15 "SNL" telecast because "she needs some time to get better."
"SNL" spokesman Marc Liepis, elsewhere, said he did not know what music act will replace Janet.
More Janet Jackson News
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch