Johnny Depp to Portray Eccentric Artist 'Dali'?
The star of "Pirates of the Caribbean" Johnny Depp has been rumored to be eyeing the role of Spanish surrealist painter Salvador Dali. According to New Zealand Herald, the 44-year-old Academy Award-nominated actor is going to depict the painter in the movie said to be entitled "Dali".
Further, it was reported that the "Sweeney Todd" star is holding an open audition to seek for screenwriters as he wants the best possible script he could get. To the Australian publication, a source commented the scribblers audition saying, "He's open to working with anyone - from housewives to pensioners - if the script is right."
"Dali" which is reported to be produced by Peter Rawley won't be the only feature film made based on the life of the painter who died in 1989 and Depp won't be the first actor to portray him. Other films, "Dali and I" and "Goodbye Dali", have been reported to be developed and acclaimed actors, Al Pacino and Peter O'Toole are said to be attached as the films' stars respectively.
Dali was famous for his surrealist works, including The Persistence of Memory, The Face of Mae West, The Metamorphosis of Narcissus and The Temptation of St. Anthony. He died of heart failure on January 23, 1989 at the age of 84.
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung
- 'Supergirl': Get First Look at General Zod in Set Photos and Video
- Desperate Tyga to Use Son King Cairo to Get Back With Kylie Jenner
- Beyonce's Pic of Ordering Food Sparks Funny Twitter Reactions
- 'Cars 3' New Trailer Sees Lightning McQueen's Emotional Crisis
- Paris Jackson Channels Marilyn Monroe as She's Dubbed Vanity Fair's Newest 'It Girl'