Johnny Depp to Portray Eccentric Artist 'Dali'?
The star of "Pirates of the Caribbean" Johnny Depp has been rumored to be eyeing the role of Spanish surrealist painter Salvador Dali. According to New Zealand Herald, the 44-year-old Academy Award-nominated actor is going to depict the painter in the movie said to be entitled "Dali".
Further, it was reported that the "Sweeney Todd" star is holding an open audition to seek for screenwriters as he wants the best possible script he could get. To the Australian publication, a source commented the scribblers audition saying, "He's open to working with anyone - from housewives to pensioners - if the script is right."
"Dali" which is reported to be produced by Peter Rawley won't be the only feature film made based on the life of the painter who died in 1989 and Depp won't be the first actor to portray him. Other films, "Dali and I" and "Goodbye Dali", have been reported to be developed and acclaimed actors, Al Pacino and Peter O'Toole are said to be attached as the films' stars respectively.
Dali was famous for his surrealist works, including The Persistence of Memory, The Face of Mae West, The Metamorphosis of Narcissus and The Temptation of St. Anthony. He died of heart failure on January 23, 1989 at the age of 84.
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21