Heath Ledger's Will Unveiled
The will of the late actor Heath Ledger has been revealed. The 28-years-old actor, who died of an accidental prescription drug overdose earlier this year, filed a three-page will in his native Australia back in April 2003, leaving all his assets to his parents and sisters and nothing to ex-fiancee Michelle Williams and their 2-years-old daughter, Matilda Rose Ledger.
Details of Heath's will were made public Saturday, March 8 and it showed that he had not updated it since his relationship with "Brokeback Mountain" co-star Michelle Williams and the 2005 birth of their daughter Matilda Rose. New York's Daily News provides a sneak peek into the fortune of the late actor based on a series of documents filed in Manhattan Surrogate's Court.
According to the legal papers, Heath had $145,000 of assets in New York when he died, which included $100,000 in various banks, a $25,000 Toyota Prius and $20,000 in furniture. No information on any of his real estate holdings, including the townhouse he shared with Michelle and little Matilda, though.
While it remains unclear if any provisions will be made to Heath's will to include his ex-fiancee and daughter, his family was quick to speak out Saturday after details of the late actor's will were released.
In an attempt to quash any ideas that his daughter, Matilda Rose, would not be provided for after Heath's death, father Kim Ledger confirmed in a statement, saying "Matilda is our absolute priority and Michelle is an integral part of our family. They will be taken care of and that's how Heath would want it to be."
Heath's representative also quickly put to rest any speculation that Matilda and Michelle Williams would not be provided for, telling People, "The story is getting taken out of context and media is speculating that this means Matilda and Michelle will not be taken care of. I want to make it very clear nothing could be farther from the truth."
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps