Spin-Off of 'The Mummy' to Be Developed?
Though the third installment of "The Mummy" franchise "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" has yet to hit the theaters, the talks about the film's spin-off have hit the web. According to Herald Sun, Rob Cohen, "The Mummy 3" director is considering to make a spin-off series from the character of Alex O'Connell who is played by Australian actor Luke Ford.
On Wednesday, March 5, the director expressed his hopes stating, "We may spin off into a complete father-son direction with Brendan, but by getting an actor who is in his 20s and not a teenager, we can also put the future on his shoulders." Further, in an interview with the publication, the 26-year-old actor also revealed that the spin-off talk has indeed been done. "There was talk at one point they might do a spin off series with Alex O'Connell depending on the success of this film", said the actor. He then added, "...they're picking me up to be in the franchise, not necessarily taking over it. I'd definitely like to be part of that series if they ask me again."
Meanwhile on his character in the third "Mummy" film, the actor who appeared in "The Black Balloon" alongside Toni Collette and Gemma Ward described that his character is trying to prove to his parent that he has become a grown man. He said, "During the war my parents sent me to Australia and I've gone on to do my own thing and be my own independent man. My character is basically trying to get my parents to see that I'm a grown man and can look after myself and you guys can include me as part of your team rather than protect me."
"Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" that will bow in theaters on August 1, 2008 once again features Brendan Fraser as its star. In the Universal Picture's film, Fraser will be joined by Ford, Maria Bello, Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh among others. The film follows the main character Rick O'Connell as he fights off the resurrected Han Emperor.
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama