Oprah Winfrey Brings Back 'Color Purple' as Musical?
The U.S. queen of talk show Oprah Winfrey is going to bring "The Color Purple" back to the big screen. According to MTV Movies Blog, the successful host who was nominated for an Academy Award for her role in the original film is developing a movie adaptation of the "The Color Purple" musical, "Untitled The Color Purple Project".
The news was broken out by Fantasia Barrino, the star of the film's Broadway version. To MTV, the former "American Idol" winner said, "That's going to happen and I'm going to do it." She then added, "Working with someone like Miss Oprah who's so talented and amazing - It's a blessing." On reprising her role, Barrino commented, "They're going to work with me. They don't have to [but] that's a favor."
According to the 23-year-old singer, the production won't be started until she finished her work on her new album. "We haven't started yet because I'm going to work on my album," the "When I See U" hitmaker explained "I think it's fair that I committed myself, and promised that after I finish going on a tour, I'll be ready to come back and commit myself to Miss Celie again."
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'