Oprah Winfrey Brings Back 'Color Purple' as Musical?
The U.S. queen of talk show Oprah Winfrey is going to bring "The Color Purple" back to the big screen. According to MTV Movies Blog, the successful host who was nominated for an Academy Award for her role in the original film is developing a movie adaptation of the "The Color Purple" musical, "Untitled The Color Purple Project".
The news was broken out by Fantasia Barrino, the star of the film's Broadway version. To MTV, the former "American Idol" winner said, "That's going to happen and I'm going to do it." She then added, "Working with someone like Miss Oprah who's so talented and amazing - It's a blessing." On reprising her role, Barrino commented, "They're going to work with me. They don't have to [but] that's a favor."
According to the 23-year-old singer, the production won't be started until she finished her work on her new album. "We haven't started yet because I'm going to work on my album," the "When I See U" hitmaker explained "I think it's fair that I committed myself, and promised that after I finish going on a tour, I'll be ready to come back and commit myself to Miss Celie again."
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!