Oprah Winfrey Brings Back 'Color Purple' as Musical?
The U.S. queen of talk show Oprah Winfrey is going to bring "The Color Purple" back to the big screen. According to MTV Movies Blog, the successful host who was nominated for an Academy Award for her role in the original film is developing a movie adaptation of the "The Color Purple" musical, "Untitled The Color Purple Project".
The news was broken out by Fantasia Barrino, the star of the film's Broadway version. To MTV, the former "American Idol" winner said, "That's going to happen and I'm going to do it." She then added, "Working with someone like Miss Oprah who's so talented and amazing - It's a blessing." On reprising her role, Barrino commented, "They're going to work with me. They don't have to [but] that's a favor."
According to the 23-year-old singer, the production won't be started until she finished her work on her new album. "We haven't started yet because I'm going to work on my album," the "When I See U" hitmaker explained "I think it's fair that I committed myself, and promised that after I finish going on a tour, I'll be ready to come back and commit myself to Miss Celie again."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group