Oprah Winfrey Brings Back 'Color Purple' as Musical?
The U.S. queen of talk show Oprah Winfrey is going to bring "The Color Purple" back to the big screen. According to MTV Movies Blog, the successful host who was nominated for an Academy Award for her role in the original film is developing a movie adaptation of the "The Color Purple" musical, "Untitled The Color Purple Project".
The news was broken out by Fantasia Barrino, the star of the film's Broadway version. To MTV, the former "American Idol" winner said, "That's going to happen and I'm going to do it." She then added, "Working with someone like Miss Oprah who's so talented and amazing - It's a blessing." On reprising her role, Barrino commented, "They're going to work with me. They don't have to [but] that's a favor."
According to the 23-year-old singer, the production won't be started until she finished her work on her new album. "We haven't started yet because I'm going to work on my album," the "When I See U" hitmaker explained "I think it's fair that I committed myself, and promised that after I finish going on a tour, I'll be ready to come back and commit myself to Miss Celie again."
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna