Rolling Stone Keith Richards Is the New Face of Louis Vuitton
Oldie but goodie, Keith Richards proves even age won't let him down. The Rolling Stones guitarist has been tapped as the new face of Louis Vuitton, the French maker of luxury handbags and luggage.
The fashion house has chosen Richards for a new series of advertisements that will appear in magazine ads worldwide this month to push the company's luxe line of fancy bags and suitcases, the New York Daily News reports. The first ad, shot by renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz, shows Richards cradling his guitar on a hotel bed and reads "Some journeys cannot be put into words. New York. 3am. Blues in C."
On Richards' choosing as the new face of LV, Antoine Arnault, Vuitton's head of communications explained in a Feb. 28 interview that the musician's LV ads campaign is designed to promote Vuitton's heritage and win back older customers who lost interest as the label became more fashion-oriented.
And making this far more interesting is the fact that Richards plans to donate his fee for the ad to The Climate Project, launched by Nobel Prize winner Al Gore.
Below is the LV ad featuring Keith Richards.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'