Rolling Stone Keith Richards Is the New Face of Louis Vuitton
Oldie but goodie, Keith Richards proves even age won't let him down. The Rolling Stones guitarist has been tapped as the new face of Louis Vuitton, the French maker of luxury handbags and luggage.
The fashion house has chosen Richards for a new series of advertisements that will appear in magazine ads worldwide this month to push the company's luxe line of fancy bags and suitcases, the New York Daily News reports. The first ad, shot by renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz, shows Richards cradling his guitar on a hotel bed and reads "Some journeys cannot be put into words. New York. 3am. Blues in C."
On Richards' choosing as the new face of LV, Antoine Arnault, Vuitton's head of communications explained in a Feb. 28 interview that the musician's LV ads campaign is designed to promote Vuitton's heritage and win back older customers who lost interest as the label became more fashion-oriented.
And making this far more interesting is the fact that Richards plans to donate his fee for the ad to The Climate Project, launched by Nobel Prize winner Al Gore.
Below is the LV ad featuring Keith Richards.
- Report: John Mayer Dating Natalie Morales
- Report: Jennifer Garner's 'Pregnant and Alone' After Ben Affleck Divorce Filing
- '13 Reasons Why' Is Near Season 2 Renewal on Netflix
- Chris Soules Called 911 After Deadly Car Crash, Tried to Help Victim
- 'Alien: Covenant' New Prologue Reveals 'Prometheus' Big Mystery
- Johnny Depp Surprises Pirates of the Caribbean Riders at Disneyland as Captain Jack Sparrow
- Drake and Draymond Green Mock Each Other in Hilarious Meme War
- Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff to Reunite for First Live Performances in 12 Years