Rolling Stone Keith Richards Is the New Face of Louis Vuitton
Oldie but goodie, Keith Richards proves even age won't let him down. The Rolling Stones guitarist has been tapped as the new face of Louis Vuitton, the French maker of luxury handbags and luggage.
The fashion house has chosen Richards for a new series of advertisements that will appear in magazine ads worldwide this month to push the company's luxe line of fancy bags and suitcases, the New York Daily News reports. The first ad, shot by renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz, shows Richards cradling his guitar on a hotel bed and reads "Some journeys cannot be put into words. New York. 3am. Blues in C."
On Richards' choosing as the new face of LV, Antoine Arnault, Vuitton's head of communications explained in a Feb. 28 interview that the musician's LV ads campaign is designed to promote Vuitton's heritage and win back older customers who lost interest as the label became more fashion-oriented.
And making this far more interesting is the fact that Richards plans to donate his fee for the ad to The Climate Project, launched by Nobel Prize winner Al Gore.
Below is the LV ad featuring Keith Richards.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake