No Umbrellas Allowed in Rihanna's U.K. Concerts
Due to the popularity of her "Umbrella" dance, Rihanna and her management have banned her fans from bringing umbrellas to her concerts in U.K. The singer who is rumored to be dating Chris Brown, put the reason for the audience's safety in case somebody's trying to imitate her movement.
Rihanna is afraid that people will follow her dance that includes swirling the umbrella when she sings the hit song on the stage. The ban was unveiled on Monday, March 3 when she made an appearance in Aberdeen, Scotland following several incidents prior to that. Some concertgoers reportedly were left injured in a number of umbrella-related incidents during her recent European tour.
"We don't normally ask people to leave an umbrella outside," Security guard Andy McDonald, who works at the Press & Journal Arena in Aberdeen, said. "But we were taking precautions over a potential accident. We were told that Rihanna's song features dancing with umbrellas on stage. We didn't want the crowd following her actions and someone getting their eye poked out."
"Umbrella" the song gained extreme success on U.K. Singles Chart in May 2007, remaining at #1 for ten consecutive weeks. Consequently, The song was named the longest chart topper of the 21st Century since "Love Is All Around" by Wet Wet Wet topped the charts in 1994.
More Rihanna News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?