'Dragon Ball Z' Pushed to 2009
Disappointing news came from "Dragonball Evolution" as a major change has been done to the big screen adaptation of Japanese anime series. According to ComingSoon, the 20th Century Fox's action fantasy film won't be released on August 15, 2008, instead it will bow in theaters eight months later to be exact on April 3, 2009.
Though the official statement regarding the pushing back of the release date has yet to be revealed, several movie news site speculated that the moving has been done to avoid competitions. On the original schedule, "Dragon Ball" will be up against Clive Owen and Naomi Watts-starrer thriller "The International", Warner Bros. Pictures' animation "Star Wars: The Clone Wars", Ben Stiller's comedy "Tropic Thunder" and Emma Roberts-starring comedy "Wild Child", whereas in its new date, the film is yet to have competitors.
Directed by James Wong and produced by Stephen Chow, "Dragon Ball" is based on Akira Toriyama's manga which was brought to the small screen as an anime series. The film features mixed theps from Hollywood to Asian actors. Some of them are Justin Chatwin, Emmy Rossum, James Marsters, Chow Yun-Fat, Eriko Tamura, Park Joon Hyung and Jamie Chung.
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson