'Dragon Ball Z' Pushed to 2009
Disappointing news came from "Dragonball Evolution" as a major change has been done to the big screen adaptation of Japanese anime series. According to ComingSoon, the 20th Century Fox's action fantasy film won't be released on August 15, 2008, instead it will bow in theaters eight months later to be exact on April 3, 2009.
Though the official statement regarding the pushing back of the release date has yet to be revealed, several movie news site speculated that the moving has been done to avoid competitions. On the original schedule, "Dragon Ball" will be up against Clive Owen and Naomi Watts-starrer thriller "The International", Warner Bros. Pictures' animation "Star Wars: The Clone Wars", Ben Stiller's comedy "Tropic Thunder" and Emma Roberts-starring comedy "Wild Child", whereas in its new date, the film is yet to have competitors.
Directed by James Wong and produced by Stephen Chow, "Dragon Ball" is based on Akira Toriyama's manga which was brought to the small screen as an anime series. The film features mixed theps from Hollywood to Asian actors. Some of them are Justin Chatwin, Emmy Rossum, James Marsters, Chow Yun-Fat, Eriko Tamura, Park Joon Hyung and Jamie Chung.
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance