'Dragon Ball Z' Pushed to 2009
Disappointing news came from "Dragonball Evolution" as a major change has been done to the big screen adaptation of Japanese anime series. According to ComingSoon, the 20th Century Fox's action fantasy film won't be released on August 15, 2008, instead it will bow in theaters eight months later to be exact on April 3, 2009.
Though the official statement regarding the pushing back of the release date has yet to be revealed, several movie news site speculated that the moving has been done to avoid competitions. On the original schedule, "Dragon Ball" will be up against Clive Owen and Naomi Watts-starrer thriller "The International", Warner Bros. Pictures' animation "Star Wars: The Clone Wars", Ben Stiller's comedy "Tropic Thunder" and Emma Roberts-starring comedy "Wild Child", whereas in its new date, the film is yet to have competitors.
Directed by James Wong and produced by Stephen Chow, "Dragon Ball" is based on Akira Toriyama's manga which was brought to the small screen as an anime series. The film features mixed theps from Hollywood to Asian actors. Some of them are Justin Chatwin, Emmy Rossum, James Marsters, Chow Yun-Fat, Eriko Tamura, Park Joon Hyung and Jamie Chung.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation