Akon Ready to Release Third and Fourth Album
Just when people start wondering where is the follow up to his Grammy-nominated album "Konvicted" (2006), Akon came with the announcement of the new album. He is in fact "practically done" with the album which will be his third effort.
"We're trying to get it out by the first week of May," Akon told MTV News in Los Angeles. "The album is practically done now. It's called Acquitted." The singer who was featured in the remix of Michael Jackson's "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'", said that he hopes to release a single featuring the King of Pop as the lead. "It's a worldwide record," Akon continued. "The record is so huge. It's too big. (Michael's) the only person I could have collaborated with. The other (songs) on the album are huge though."
While keeping all under wrap all this time, Akon said that there are enough materials to make the follow up to "Acquitted". He said, "My fourth album is called Double Jeopardy. I'm already on it. It's all set up. If they want all the records now, it would take me 30 days to put it together."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce