Akon Ready to Release Third and Fourth Album
Just when people start wondering where is the follow up to his Grammy-nominated album "Konvicted" (2006), Akon came with the announcement of the new album. He is in fact "practically done" with the album which will be his third effort.
"We're trying to get it out by the first week of May," Akon told MTV News in Los Angeles. "The album is practically done now. It's called Acquitted." The singer who was featured in the remix of Michael Jackson's "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'", said that he hopes to release a single featuring the King of Pop as the lead. "It's a worldwide record," Akon continued. "The record is so huge. It's too big. (Michael's) the only person I could have collaborated with. The other (songs) on the album are huge though."
While keeping all under wrap all this time, Akon said that there are enough materials to make the follow up to "Acquitted". He said, "My fourth album is called Double Jeopardy. I'm already on it. It's all set up. If they want all the records now, it would take me 30 days to put it together."
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour