Akon Ready to Release Third and Fourth Album
Just when people start wondering where is the follow up to his Grammy-nominated album "Konvicted" (2006), Akon came with the announcement of the new album. He is in fact "practically done" with the album which will be his third effort.
"We're trying to get it out by the first week of May," Akon told MTV News in Los Angeles. "The album is practically done now. It's called Acquitted." The singer who was featured in the remix of Michael Jackson's "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'", said that he hopes to release a single featuring the King of Pop as the lead. "It's a worldwide record," Akon continued. "The record is so huge. It's too big. (Michael's) the only person I could have collaborated with. The other (songs) on the album are huge though."
While keeping all under wrap all this time, Akon said that there are enough materials to make the follow up to "Acquitted". He said, "My fourth album is called Double Jeopardy. I'm already on it. It's all set up. If they want all the records now, it would take me 30 days to put it together."
- Did The Weeknd Send Gigi Hadid a Birthday Gift Despite Dumping Her Sister Bella?
- Machine Gun Kelly Explains Health Scare He Experienced During Concert
- Report: Mariah Carey Was a Diva While Visiting Disneyland
- New 'Justice League' Poster Brings Back Superman
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez' Candlelit Dinner
- Kim Zolciak's 4-Year-Old Son Gets Emergency Surgery After Being Bitten by Dog
- Kendrick Lamar Nabs Third No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'DAMN'
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Confirm Relationship With PDA Pictures