Akon Ready to Release Third and Fourth Album
Just when people start wondering where is the follow up to his Grammy-nominated album "Konvicted" (2006), Akon came with the announcement of the new album. He is in fact "practically done" with the album which will be his third effort.
"We're trying to get it out by the first week of May," Akon told MTV News in Los Angeles. "The album is practically done now. It's called Acquitted." The singer who was featured in the remix of Michael Jackson's "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'", said that he hopes to release a single featuring the King of Pop as the lead. "It's a worldwide record," Akon continued. "The record is so huge. It's too big. (Michael's) the only person I could have collaborated with. The other (songs) on the album are huge though."
While keeping all under wrap all this time, Akon said that there are enough materials to make the follow up to "Acquitted". He said, "My fourth album is called Double Jeopardy. I'm already on it. It's all set up. If they want all the records now, it would take me 30 days to put it together."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart