Akon Ready to Release Third and Fourth Album
Just when people start wondering where is the follow up to his Grammy-nominated album "Konvicted" (2006), Akon came with the announcement of the new album. He is in fact "practically done" with the album which will be his third effort.
"We're trying to get it out by the first week of May," Akon told MTV News in Los Angeles. "The album is practically done now. It's called Acquitted." The singer who was featured in the remix of Michael Jackson's "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'", said that he hopes to release a single featuring the King of Pop as the lead. "It's a worldwide record," Akon continued. "The record is so huge. It's too big. (Michael's) the only person I could have collaborated with. The other (songs) on the album are huge though."
While keeping all under wrap all this time, Akon said that there are enough materials to make the follow up to "Acquitted". He said, "My fourth album is called Double Jeopardy. I'm already on it. It's all set up. If they want all the records now, it would take me 30 days to put it together."
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?