David Beckham's Visit to Shanghai Hospital Sparks Chaos
David Beckham paid a visit to young leukemia patients at Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai on Tuesday, March 4. Hundreds of bystanders including staff, fans and the media hit the locale, desperate to catch a glimpse of the star thereby police had to be called in for crowd control.
The soccer stud was making an appearance at Xinhua Hospital to visit children with leukemia. Police were reportedly forced to close off several of the hospital's entrances and no one was allowed to enter or leave the wing for several hours.
The AFP reporter witnessed one woman in hysterics after police refused to allow her inside the facility. Worse, organizers were also forced to cancel a donation ceremony scheduled to take place outside the hospital.
Still according to AFP, police struggled to clear people away from the ward's main entrance, holding up Beckham's car for at least 15 minutes.
Inside the hospital, Beckham made use his time to play with the kids, gave the patients his authorized L.A. Galaxy t-shirt and he even also took time to take pictures with them.
Beckham is in Shanghai with his U.S. club, L.A. Galaxy, for an exhibition match against a Shanghai-Hong Kong team on Wednesday, March 5.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked