David Beckham's Visit to Shanghai Hospital Sparks Chaos
David Beckham paid a visit to young leukemia patients at Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai on Tuesday, March 4. Hundreds of bystanders including staff, fans and the media hit the locale, desperate to catch a glimpse of the star thereby police had to be called in for crowd control.
The soccer stud was making an appearance at Xinhua Hospital to visit children with leukemia. Police were reportedly forced to close off several of the hospital's entrances and no one was allowed to enter or leave the wing for several hours.
The AFP reporter witnessed one woman in hysterics after police refused to allow her inside the facility. Worse, organizers were also forced to cancel a donation ceremony scheduled to take place outside the hospital.
Still according to AFP, police struggled to clear people away from the ward's main entrance, holding up Beckham's car for at least 15 minutes.
Inside the hospital, Beckham made use his time to play with the kids, gave the patients his authorized L.A. Galaxy t-shirt and he even also took time to take pictures with them.
Beckham is in Shanghai with his U.S. club, L.A. Galaxy, for an exhibition match against a Shanghai-Hong Kong team on Wednesday, March 5.
More David Beckham News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier