David Beckham's Visit to Shanghai Hospital Sparks Chaos
David Beckham paid a visit to young leukemia patients at Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai on Tuesday, March 4. Hundreds of bystanders including staff, fans and the media hit the locale, desperate to catch a glimpse of the star thereby police had to be called in for crowd control.
The soccer stud was making an appearance at Xinhua Hospital to visit children with leukemia. Police were reportedly forced to close off several of the hospital's entrances and no one was allowed to enter or leave the wing for several hours.
The AFP reporter witnessed one woman in hysterics after police refused to allow her inside the facility. Worse, organizers were also forced to cancel a donation ceremony scheduled to take place outside the hospital.
Still according to AFP, police struggled to clear people away from the ward's main entrance, holding up Beckham's car for at least 15 minutes.
Inside the hospital, Beckham made use his time to play with the kids, gave the patients his authorized L.A. Galaxy t-shirt and he even also took time to take pictures with them.
Beckham is in Shanghai with his U.S. club, L.A. Galaxy, for an exhibition match against a Shanghai-Hong Kong team on Wednesday, March 5.
More David Beckham News
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas