'Britain's Got Talent' 2007 Winner's Life to Be Brought to Big Screen
Noticing the overnight success garnered by Paul Potts after winning ITV's "Britain's Got Talent" in 2007 with his amazing tenor voice, Paramount Pictures are said to be developing a movie based on his unlikely success story "Untitled Paul Potts Project". According to Variety, the film will be produced by "American Idol" judge Simon Cowell, who is the show creator as well as a judge.
The studio acquired the filming rights after the executives watch the YouTube clips taped by Potts' daughter. On the film's concept that managed to get its grips on Paramount, Cowell said, "Most of these calls result in absolutely nothing, but this company got that it's another 'Billy Elliot,' a story anyone in the world can understand. This was his last chance, and he literally decided to enter based on the toss of a coin. And despite his success off the back of the show, the only difference I see in him is that he got his teeth fixed."
Prior to Potts' winning the "Got Talent" show, he was a mobile phone store's manager at Carphone Warehouse in Bridgend. In the first series of "Got Talent", he blew thousand of people including Cowell when he sang an operatic aria, "Nessun Dorma". Cowell recalled the moment saying, "That particular day was one of the worst, the acts were just terrible, we were fed up and on comes this guy with a funny little suit and bad teeth who looked very nervous. I can remember looking at the other judges, with that 'here we go again' feeling. We had 2,000 people in the audience, and I'll never forget how much the room changed when he began singing." Potts ended up winning the show and quickly recorded a debut album, "One Chance", that sold 3 million copies.
The Video of Paul Potts in "British's Got Talent":
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars