Video Premiere: Gnarls Barkley's 'Run'
Grammy-winning duo Gnarls Barkley premiered the music video for their first single out of upcoming sophomore set "The Odd Couple". The video of "Run" was played for the first time on MTV overdrive yesterday, February 29 on contrary to previous rumors that the clip was not eligible for a run on the channel due to failing Harding Test.
Eccentric as always, the duo comprised of Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse are presented as performers on a soultrain like show in the clip that imprints '90s public access show called City Vibin'. Justin Timberlake is featured in the clip as the host of the show that they performed on.
According to PlugInMusic.com, the video was directed by Happy, a filmmaking team comprised of Guy Shelmerdane and Richard farmer that won Best New Director honor at 2002 Cannes.
"Odd Couple" will be released on April 8 while "Run" will be available in stores physically on March 24. Gnarls will release "Who's Gonna Save My Soul" as the second single from the album and shoot the music video with Chris Milk who penned the Grammy-nominated video "Gone Daddy Gone".
Gnarls Barkley, "Run":
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video