Video Premiere: Gnarls Barkley's 'Run'
Grammy-winning duo Gnarls Barkley premiered the music video for their first single out of upcoming sophomore set "The Odd Couple". The video of "Run" was played for the first time on MTV overdrive yesterday, February 29 on contrary to previous rumors that the clip was not eligible for a run on the channel due to failing Harding Test.
Eccentric as always, the duo comprised of Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse are presented as performers on a soultrain like show in the clip that imprints '90s public access show called City Vibin'. Justin Timberlake is featured in the clip as the host of the show that they performed on.
According to PlugInMusic.com, the video was directed by Happy, a filmmaking team comprised of Guy Shelmerdane and Richard farmer that won Best New Director honor at 2002 Cannes.
"Odd Couple" will be released on April 8 while "Run" will be available in stores physically on March 24. Gnarls will release "Who's Gonna Save My Soul" as the second single from the album and shoot the music video with Chris Milk who penned the Grammy-nominated video "Gone Daddy Gone".
Gnarls Barkley, "Run":
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris