Video Premiere: Gnarls Barkley's 'Run'
Grammy-winning duo Gnarls Barkley premiered the music video for their first single out of upcoming sophomore set "The Odd Couple". The video of "Run" was played for the first time on MTV overdrive yesterday, February 29 on contrary to previous rumors that the clip was not eligible for a run on the channel due to failing Harding Test.
Eccentric as always, the duo comprised of Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse are presented as performers on a soultrain like show in the clip that imprints '90s public access show called City Vibin'. Justin Timberlake is featured in the clip as the host of the show that they performed on.
According to PlugInMusic.com, the video was directed by Happy, a filmmaking team comprised of Guy Shelmerdane and Richard farmer that won Best New Director honor at 2002 Cannes.
"Odd Couple" will be released on April 8 while "Run" will be available in stores physically on March 24. Gnarls will release "Who's Gonna Save My Soul" as the second single from the album and shoot the music video with Chris Milk who penned the Grammy-nominated video "Gone Daddy Gone".
Gnarls Barkley, "Run":
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered