'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' Star to Voice 'Astro Boy'
"Astro Boy" now has a voice. Variety reported that the star of "The Spiderwick Chronicles" Freddie Highmore has been set to fill in the lead character's voice in the 3-D animation film.
"Boy" is a lonely robot tale adapted from a classic Japanese comic book created by Osamu Tezuka. The Warner Bros. Pictures' film is said to be made with the budget of $50 million and handled under the direction of "Flushed Away" director David Bowers.
Before appearing in "Spiderwick", Highmore has once worked for Warner Bros. when he played alongside Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter in adventure fantasy film "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory".
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting