The Kinks' Reunion Not So Imminent
The end of last year, there were rumors that U.K. act The Kinks will reunite with all the original members on board. Member Ray Davis has put a break in this, saying that fans should not get their hopes up too high.
Ray admitted that there indeed have been several discussions regarding the reunion with guitarist Dave Davies, bassist Pete Quaife and drummer Mick Avory. However, Dave is still recovering from his stroke in 2004 although he had shown some progress and starts playing.
"He's gradually getting his strength back, but he's playing again, so that's a good sign," said Ray who is the brother of Dave. Problem is, Dave has uttered his unwillingness to revive the rock act, reasoning that it will be a poor remake of 'Night of the Livin Dead'. In response to this Ray put it, "He's getting well enough to shout at me. That's a good sign.".
The other factor that may not support an imminent reunion is the fact that they haven't got together so long that no new materials have been in the box. "I can't get a band together just to play the old hits," said Ray. "They'd have to be able to do, like, 10 percent new material. I think that will be the determining factor in the long run."
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign