Middle Earth Ruler in 'Lord of the Rings' Joins 'Wolfman'
The actor behind the voice of Megatron in "Transformers" Hugo Weaving is being reported to be cast by Universal Picture. According to Variety, the 47-year-old actor has just signed on to star in the upcoming horror thriller "The Wolfman".
The SAG Award-winning actor will be portraying Detective Aberline in the remake of 1941 film starring Lon Chaney Jr.. By agreeing to play in "Wolfman", he will be joining the cast that include Benicio Del Toro, Emily Blunt and Anthony Hopkins.
Similar to the original film, this new film slated for February 13, 2009 release will be set in Victorian England. Meanwhile, the principal photography of the film directed by Joe Johnston is scheduled to be started in March in London.
Weaving has appeared in the blockbuster trilogy "The Lord of the Rings" as Elrond, the father of Liv Tyler's character. He also played alongside Natalie Portman as V in "V for Vendetta". He has just finished filming crime drama film "The Tender Hook".
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'