Middle Earth Ruler in 'Lord of the Rings' Joins 'Wolfman'
The actor behind the voice of Megatron in "Transformers" Hugo Weaving is being reported to be cast by Universal Picture. According to Variety, the 47-year-old actor has just signed on to star in the upcoming horror thriller "The Wolfman".
The SAG Award-winning actor will be portraying Detective Aberline in the remake of 1941 film starring Lon Chaney Jr.. By agreeing to play in "Wolfman", he will be joining the cast that include Benicio Del Toro, Emily Blunt and Anthony Hopkins.
Similar to the original film, this new film slated for February 13, 2009 release will be set in Victorian England. Meanwhile, the principal photography of the film directed by Joe Johnston is scheduled to be started in March in London.
Weaving has appeared in the blockbuster trilogy "The Lord of the Rings" as Elrond, the father of Liv Tyler's character. He also played alongside Natalie Portman as V in "V for Vendetta". He has just finished filming crime drama film "The Tender Hook".
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress