Middle Earth Ruler in 'Lord of the Rings' Joins 'Wolfman'
The actor behind the voice of Megatron in "Transformers" Hugo Weaving is being reported to be cast by Universal Picture. According to Variety, the 47-year-old actor has just signed on to star in the upcoming horror thriller "The Wolfman".
The SAG Award-winning actor will be portraying Detective Aberline in the remake of 1941 film starring Lon Chaney Jr.. By agreeing to play in "Wolfman", he will be joining the cast that include Benicio Del Toro, Emily Blunt and Anthony Hopkins.
Similar to the original film, this new film slated for February 13, 2009 release will be set in Victorian England. Meanwhile, the principal photography of the film directed by Joe Johnston is scheduled to be started in March in London.
Weaving has appeared in the blockbuster trilogy "The Lord of the Rings" as Elrond, the father of Liv Tyler's character. He also played alongside Natalie Portman as V in "V for Vendetta". He has just finished filming crime drama film "The Tender Hook".
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child