Middle Earth Ruler in 'Lord of the Rings' Joins 'Wolfman'
The actor behind the voice of Megatron in "Transformers" Hugo Weaving is being reported to be cast by Universal Picture. According to Variety, the 47-year-old actor has just signed on to star in the upcoming horror thriller "The Wolfman".
The SAG Award-winning actor will be portraying Detective Aberline in the remake of 1941 film starring Lon Chaney Jr.. By agreeing to play in "Wolfman", he will be joining the cast that include Benicio Del Toro, Emily Blunt and Anthony Hopkins.
Similar to the original film, this new film slated for February 13, 2009 release will be set in Victorian England. Meanwhile, the principal photography of the film directed by Joe Johnston is scheduled to be started in March in London.
Weaving has appeared in the blockbuster trilogy "The Lord of the Rings" as Elrond, the father of Liv Tyler's character. He also played alongside Natalie Portman as V in "V for Vendetta". He has just finished filming crime drama film "The Tender Hook".
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off