Preparing for 'Cadillac', Beyonce Knowles Trained by Legendary Etta James
Grammy-winning singer Beyonce Knowles is up for special treat as she will be coached by Etta James herself for her feature film role as the blues and R 'n' B legend. According to PageSix.com, the 26-year-old R 'n' B singer will star in "Cadillac Records" under the guidance of the 70-year-old hitmaker of timeless classic "At Last".
The news of James coaching the "Deja Vu" singer who also serves as the film's producer was broken by the Grammy Lifetime Achievement receiver herself. Talking to PageSix, she revealed that she will make Knowles works hard to be able to impersonate her, "Oh my god, she's going to have a hill to climb, because Etta James ain't been no angel! I kinda have a man's voice. It's a contralto, more bluesy, religious. I would really like to work with her on that."
She further confessed that she earlier doubts that the "Irreplaceable" hitmaker can portray her, "I have my own way of putting those songs over, and I was just wondering if Beyonce could, and my son said, 'They're thinking about how she looks, but mama, she can really sing!" James revealed that she was finally at peace with the picking of Knowles after seeing her performing with Tina Turner at the 50th Annual Grammy Awards. She said, "It's a privilege and an honor to have somebody like that girl. I don't think she looks like me, but that's all right. They can fix that up."
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why