Coldplay to Release New Set Via EMI After All
Beside putting finishing touches on their highly-anticipated new album, Coldplay are also expected to release the forthcoming album via Colombia which is a unit of EMI. It was rumored sometime ago that the rock band were about to follow Radiohead's footsteps to release the effort independently.
On Thursday, February 21, Dave Holmes the band's manager addressed the rumored issue saying, "When all that was going on, we were over here in (in London) in the studio, so we kind of steered clear of all that. We've got a great plan in place."
The album is taking its final turn before being put on the market for an early Summer release. "We're just about finished," Holmes continued. "They're in the final mixing. They'll start mastering, and away we go."
Holmes added that the album has some "really great songwriting". He said, "I think it's their best album. They've really delivered. It's a fantastic record. They've really put the work in."
The band have also planned a North American and Europe in Summer soon after the album's release. "The guys are really eager to get back on the road," Holmes added. "They're really looking forward to touring and getting back out there."
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge
- Angelina Jolie Found Photos of Selena Gomez and Other Women on Brad Pitt's Phone?
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting