Coldplay to Release New Set Via EMI After All
Beside putting finishing touches on their highly-anticipated new album, Coldplay are also expected to release the forthcoming album via Colombia which is a unit of EMI. It was rumored sometime ago that the rock band were about to follow Radiohead's footsteps to release the effort independently.
On Thursday, February 21, Dave Holmes the band's manager addressed the rumored issue saying, "When all that was going on, we were over here in (in London) in the studio, so we kind of steered clear of all that. We've got a great plan in place."
The album is taking its final turn before being put on the market for an early Summer release. "We're just about finished," Holmes continued. "They're in the final mixing. They'll start mastering, and away we go."
Holmes added that the album has some "really great songwriting". He said, "I think it's their best album. They've really delivered. It's a fantastic record. They've really put the work in."
The band have also planned a North American and Europe in Summer soon after the album's release. "The guys are really eager to get back on the road," Holmes added. "They're really looking forward to touring and getting back out there."
More Coldplay News
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'