Coldplay to Release New Set Via EMI After All
Beside putting finishing touches on their highly-anticipated new album, Coldplay are also expected to release the forthcoming album via Colombia which is a unit of EMI. It was rumored sometime ago that the rock band were about to follow Radiohead's footsteps to release the effort independently.
On Thursday, February 21, Dave Holmes the band's manager addressed the rumored issue saying, "When all that was going on, we were over here in (in London) in the studio, so we kind of steered clear of all that. We've got a great plan in place."
The album is taking its final turn before being put on the market for an early Summer release. "We're just about finished," Holmes continued. "They're in the final mixing. They'll start mastering, and away we go."
Holmes added that the album has some "really great songwriting". He said, "I think it's their best album. They've really delivered. It's a fantastic record. They've really put the work in."
The band have also planned a North American and Europe in Summer soon after the album's release. "The guys are really eager to get back on the road," Holmes added. "They're really looking forward to touring and getting back out there."
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign