Dierks Bentley Wants Fans' Creative Control in New Release
Dierks Bentley is making a fans-oriented album that requires a creative control. The country singer is letting fans contribute something to his Greatest Hits album by helping him to select the title, the cover art and some contents.
"I'm making the fans executive producers of the album," Bentley explained. "The label was interested in doing some sort of greatest hits. I said if we're gonna do something like that, I want to make something for our fans and make the fans the center of it. It's the fans who made us have greatest hits, so they should have something that's for them."
Dierks.com will provide a selection of photos, live recordings and the title which can be voted by fans. The figures will be accumulated starting from Friday, February 22 and the result will be announced on April 1. The first 3,000 fans who cast their votes will have their names listed on the executive producers in the final album's liner notes, and the singer will make a donation to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital in their honor.
The set which will be released on May 6 via Capitol Nashville will contain 10 of his best tracks and two new materials. It will be Bentley's latest release before a fifth studio album is put on the market in the fourth quarter of the year. "I want to make sure it's better than anything we've ever done," Bentley said of the new set.
"I'm trying to keep it tied to writing great songs, great melodies, great country instrumentation - steel guitar, fiddle and dobro and banjo - and also be a little more progressive, I guess. I just want to keep doing things that excite me musically."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby