The Pussycat Dolls Start Working on Second Album
Robin Antin, founder of successful all-girls group The Pussycat Dolls, revealed that the band have started recording their next album, the follow up to debut album "PCD". Member Nicole Scherzinger who started her solo career, is also back as the sixth piece.
"We're in the studio right now," Antin said. "Nicole is 100% back with us. She actually never left. She was working on her solo stuff and it's out there and people will hear that, but she actually wants to focus on Pussycat Dolls right now. We all want to. We're going full force."
The announcement came on the heels of "The Pussycat Dolls Presents: Girlicious" season premiere on Monday, February 18. Instead of finding a new member for PCD, the reality show will gather a whole new all-girls band. "I thought that the audience would really love to see what it takes to not just be like a Pussycat Doll or Girlicious but also the idea of what that means. To feel your sexiness, to feel empowered, and to really learn about singing and dancing, and to work on your craft and be the best you can be," Antin said about the show.
Before Girlicious, the band had been involved in "The Pussycat Dolls Presents: The Search for the Next Doll". Asia Nitollano was crowned a winner to join the troupe as the seventh doll but backed out of the plan for solo career soon after that. "(Asia) really came in with the idea in mind that she wanted to go solo, so for her, being in a group wasn't her ideal thing," Antin said. "But she knows I rooted for her since day one. I'm her biggest fan."
"Girlicious" TV commercial:
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy