The Pussycat Dolls Start Working on Second Album
Robin Antin, founder of successful all-girls group The Pussycat Dolls, revealed that the band have started recording their next album, the follow up to debut album "PCD". Member Nicole Scherzinger who started her solo career, is also back as the sixth piece.
"We're in the studio right now," Antin said. "Nicole is 100% back with us. She actually never left. She was working on her solo stuff and it's out there and people will hear that, but she actually wants to focus on Pussycat Dolls right now. We all want to. We're going full force."
The announcement came on the heels of "The Pussycat Dolls Presents: Girlicious" season premiere on Monday, February 18. Instead of finding a new member for PCD, the reality show will gather a whole new all-girls band. "I thought that the audience would really love to see what it takes to not just be like a Pussycat Doll or Girlicious but also the idea of what that means. To feel your sexiness, to feel empowered, and to really learn about singing and dancing, and to work on your craft and be the best you can be," Antin said about the show.
Before Girlicious, the band had been involved in "The Pussycat Dolls Presents: The Search for the Next Doll". Asia Nitollano was crowned a winner to join the troupe as the seventh doll but backed out of the plan for solo career soon after that. "(Asia) really came in with the idea in mind that she wanted to go solo, so for her, being in a group wasn't her ideal thing," Antin said. "But she knows I rooted for her since day one. I'm her biggest fan."
"Girlicious" TV commercial:
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs