Ryan Reynolds Portraying Deadpool in 'Wolverine'?
"Definitely, Maybe" star Ryan Reynolds is going to make special appearance in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". According to AICN, the co-star of Wesley Snipes in "Blade: Trinity" will star as the anti-hero character Deadpool in the action fantasy film.
If Reynolds indeed makes a cameo appearance in the Gavin Hood-directed film, he will be joining the lead stars, Hugh Jackman and Liev Schreiber, as well as recent casting members, Lynn Collins and Danny Huston. A while back, the Canadian actor has expressed interest in portraying the mercenary in an interview with ComingSoon saying, "Basically for me there are two superheroes that I could play. One would be Deadpool, the other would be The Flash."
Created by Rob Liefeld and Fabian Niceieza in 1991, Deadpool has been described as a high-tech mercenary who is given Wolverine's regenerative power to cure his cancer illness. Like Wolverine and Silver Fox, he is the product of Weapon X program for Canadian government's paramilitary.
Aside from "Definitely", the actor who came into prominence with his role in television sitcom "Two Guys and a Girl" has recently appeared in John August's drama "The Nines" alongside Elle Fanning. His upcoming feature film to be released this year include Marcos Siega's drama comedy "Chaos Theory" and Spike Lee's drama "Fireflies in the Garden".
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle