Nas Not Delivering 'Nigger' in Black History Month
Nas' plan to release his studio album "Nigger" during the Black History Month this February has been squashed. The new album that created a controversy sometime ago with its bold title, will not be arriving until April 22.
"April 22," said Nas. "I'm over Black History Month. I think we are part of American History and we should have it all year 'round," adding "The timing couldn't be more perfect. Nobody's going to tell the truth about race relations if they're not offended or angered. Everybody's just hiding behind the veil of half-truths...They think that if you don't talk about it it'll go away."
To show how serious he is about the titling, the rapper and singer wife Kelis attended the 50th Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, February 10 wearing clothes with the word "Nigger" emblazoned on them.
More Nas News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7