Nas Not Delivering 'Nigger' in Black History Month
Nas' plan to release his studio album "Nigger" during the Black History Month this February has been squashed. The new album that created a controversy sometime ago with its bold title, will not be arriving until April 22.
"April 22," said Nas. "I'm over Black History Month. I think we are part of American History and we should have it all year 'round," adding "The timing couldn't be more perfect. Nobody's going to tell the truth about race relations if they're not offended or angered. Everybody's just hiding behind the veil of half-truths...They think that if you don't talk about it it'll go away."
To show how serious he is about the titling, the rapper and singer wife Kelis attended the 50th Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, February 10 wearing clothes with the word "Nigger" emblazoned on them.
More Nas News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic