Nas Not Delivering 'Nigger' in Black History Month
Nas' plan to release his studio album "Nigger" during the Black History Month this February has been squashed. The new album that created a controversy sometime ago with its bold title, will not be arriving until April 22.
"April 22," said Nas. "I'm over Black History Month. I think we are part of American History and we should have it all year 'round," adding "The timing couldn't be more perfect. Nobody's going to tell the truth about race relations if they're not offended or angered. Everybody's just hiding behind the veil of half-truths...They think that if you don't talk about it it'll go away."
To show how serious he is about the titling, the rapper and singer wife Kelis attended the 50th Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, February 10 wearing clothes with the word "Nigger" emblazoned on them.
More Nas News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake