Nas Not Delivering 'Nigger' in Black History Month
Nas' plan to release his studio album "Nigger" during the Black History Month this February has been squashed. The new album that created a controversy sometime ago with its bold title, will not be arriving until April 22.
"April 22," said Nas. "I'm over Black History Month. I think we are part of American History and we should have it all year 'round," adding "The timing couldn't be more perfect. Nobody's going to tell the truth about race relations if they're not offended or angered. Everybody's just hiding behind the veil of half-truths...They think that if you don't talk about it it'll go away."
To show how serious he is about the titling, the rapper and singer wife Kelis attended the 50th Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, February 10 wearing clothes with the word "Nigger" emblazoned on them.
More Nas News
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off