Nas Not Delivering 'Nigger' in Black History Month
Nas' plan to release his studio album "Nigger" during the Black History Month this February has been squashed. The new album that created a controversy sometime ago with its bold title, will not be arriving until April 22.
"April 22," said Nas. "I'm over Black History Month. I think we are part of American History and we should have it all year 'round," adding "The timing couldn't be more perfect. Nobody's going to tell the truth about race relations if they're not offended or angered. Everybody's just hiding behind the veil of half-truths...They think that if you don't talk about it it'll go away."
To show how serious he is about the titling, the rapper and singer wife Kelis attended the 50th Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, February 10 wearing clothes with the word "Nigger" emblazoned on them.
More Nas News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns