Natalie Portman Set to Direct 'A Tale of Love and Darkness'
Reported earlier that the depicter of Padme Amidala in the Star Wars prequel trilogy Natalie Portman has expressed her desire to take charge behind the camera, it is said that the Golden Globe-winning actress has been set to make her directorial debut. According to New York Post's gossip column Page Six, the 26-year-old actress has been set to helm a film project in Hebrew "A Tale of Love and Darkness".
The Israeli-born Hollywood star revealed to W magazine about her interest in the adaptation project of Amos Oz's memoir saying, "I've been reading Oz since high school, and when I read his biography I just sort of saw it." On taking her first part behind the camera, she earlier told Variety about the project stating, "We all have the same desire to make meaningful and artistically fulfilling films and are committed to the idea of stories leading to greater empathy and action for world issues."
The Havard-graduate has recently appeared in drama comedy film "The Darjeeling Limited" alongside Owen Wilson and Adrien Brody, as well as in drama fantasy "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium" with Dustin Hoffman and Jason Bateman. On February 29, her latest film "The Other Boleyn Girl" in which she stars opposite Scarlett Johansson and Eric Bana is scheduled to hit the theaters.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent