Natalie Portman Set to Direct 'A Tale of Love and Darkness'
Reported earlier that the depicter of Padme Amidala in the Star Wars prequel trilogy Natalie Portman has expressed her desire to take charge behind the camera, it is said that the Golden Globe-winning actress has been set to make her directorial debut. According to New York Post's gossip column Page Six, the 26-year-old actress has been set to helm a film project in Hebrew "A Tale of Love and Darkness".
The Israeli-born Hollywood star revealed to W magazine about her interest in the adaptation project of Amos Oz's memoir saying, "I've been reading Oz since high school, and when I read his biography I just sort of saw it." On taking her first part behind the camera, she earlier told Variety about the project stating, "We all have the same desire to make meaningful and artistically fulfilling films and are committed to the idea of stories leading to greater empathy and action for world issues."
The Havard-graduate has recently appeared in drama comedy film "The Darjeeling Limited" alongside Owen Wilson and Adrien Brody, as well as in drama fantasy "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium" with Dustin Hoffman and Jason Bateman. On February 29, her latest film "The Other Boleyn Girl" in which she stars opposite Scarlett Johansson and Eric Bana is scheduled to hit the theaters.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny