Producer Polow Da Don Admitted Leaking Usher's Tracks
The reason behind Usher's constantly leaking songs which are deemed the new materials from his upcoming album, is actually not far away from his own label mate. Producer Polow Da Don has admitted to MTV News that he was the "culprit" who put the songs, some are still un-mastered, on-line.
Songs like "Crazy", "Moving Mountains", "Dat Gurl Right There" and the latest "Love in the Club" mysteriously appeared on file-sharing websites in the past few months. "It's internal conspiracy," said the confused Usher at the Grammys on Sunday, February 10. "I don't know what's going on with all these records that have been leaked. It ain't been me, dog."
Stepping up as the guilty one Don admitted, "I actually leaked it. I'm the culprit. It's no secret. I told him when I saw him that I had to put my relationship on the line. 'If it fails, I know you probably gonna be mad at me. I know you probably won't f*** with me anymore,'" adding that the songs actually received heavy spin after they were leaked.
Don also revealed that Usher was not mad at him and that the plan was part of his protest against "corporate people". Don continued, "They don't know. I felt like me being best of both worlds - half-corporate, half-producer, all real n***a - I'm in touch with what people want."
"Love in This Club" was inspired after hanging out in Las Vegas to attend the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards. Usher said that a video of it will be shot very soon, leading to the track being confirmed as one of the lead singles.
"It's an evolution," Usher said on the album. "There's a lot of growth in it. It starts in one place, then matures in another direction. As you know, this has been a very tumultuous year for me. So I have a lot of great stories to tell. But more than that, as far as music and the contribution I wanna make, I wanna make sure it's very wide. You're gonna get a great variety on this album, and I promise to make the wait worthwhile. I been looking around like, 'Man, I better get back on my A game.' "
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet