Cameron Diaz and Jennifer Hudson Among the Star-Studded List of Oscar Presenters
As the writers' strike finally came to a close, the 80th Annual Academy Awards starts to take its form. On Thursday, February 14, it was let out that the "Charlie's Angel" star Cameron Diaz and last year Oscar's Best Supporting Actress-winner Jennifer Hudson are among the presenters scheduled to appear at the February 24 ceremony.
Joining them in the list are 26 others A-listers as well as 3 other winners from last year. The Hollywood's big names are Miley Cyrus, Nicole Kidman, Katherine Heigl, Amy Adams, Jessica Alba, Cate Blanchett, Josh Brolin, Steve Carell, George Clooney, Penelope Cruz, Patrick Dempsey, Colin Farrell, Harrison Ford, Jennifer Garner, Tom Hanks, Anne Hathaway, Jonah Hill, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, James McAvoy, Queen Latifah, Seth Rogen, Martin Scorsese, Hilary Swank, John Travolta, Denzel Washington and Renee Zellweger, whereas the 79th Oscars-winners are Alan Arkin, Helen Mirren and Forest Whitaker.
On the announcement made by the Academy Awards telecast producer Gil Cates and the President of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Sid Ganis, the list of the nominated songs' performers are also revealed. It was said that Adams is going to perform "Happy Working Song" from "Enchanted". Kristin Chenoweth and Marlon Saunders as well as Jon McLaughlin will also sing other songs from the Disney's film entitled "That's How You Know" and "So Close" respectively. Further from "Once", Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova will sing the nominated number "Falling Slowly". And, from "August Rush", Jamia Simone Nash will perform "Raise It Up" accompanied by the IMPACT Repertory Theatre of Harlem.
Taking place at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, the gala event will be hosted for the second time by comic host Jon Stewart. He would be backed up by his comic writers as well as Oscars' writers Hal Kanter, Buz Kohan, Jon Macks and Bruce Vilanch. The presentation will be televised live in more than 200 countries worldwide, while ABC will air the show starting from its red carpet arrivals at 5 P.M.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes