Jack Johnson Scores Second No. 1 Album
Despite her wins and performance at the 50th Grammys on Sunday, February 10, Alicia Keys cannot retain her album's position at #1 on the Billboard Hot 200 chart this week. "As I Am" is forced to sit at #3 despite a 31 per cent increase in sale this week. Jack Johnson's "Sleep Through the Static" fills in the top spot.
This would be Johnson's second #1 album as he also sold big with the last effort, soundtrack to "Curious George". The new album moved 375,000 copies according to Nielsen SoundScan and the number is four times bigger the runner-up. Sheryl Crow's "Detours" is placed second after selling 92,000 units.
The fourth place is also filled with a new release. Lenny Kravitz's "It Is Time for a Love Revolution" sold 73,000 copies, a progress from his 2004 album "Baptism" that opened with 52,000. Following at #5 is the 2008 Grammy Nominees compilation album that shifts 52,000 in its second week.
"Juno" soundtrack slips four places down to no. 6 this week after selling 47,000 copies, followed by former chart reigner Mary J. Blige's "Growing Pains" with 45,000 copies. Coming in at #8 and #9 are k.d. lang's "Watershed" that moves 41,000 copies and Miley Cyrus' "Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus" the shifts 40,000 copies respectively. Rounding up the top ten meanwhile is Taylor Swift's self-titled album that slips down one place from last week's post with 39,000.
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'