'Saw V' Helmer Setting Up Possibly-Lethal Traps for the Actors
As first-time director David Hackl preparing for the start of "Saw V" production, he sat down to talk about the upcoming horror thriller. Bloody-disgusting reported that the former production designer for the "Saw" series revealed that he has planned to set a trap that literally may kill the actors involved.
To BD, the helmer confessed, "Today I am looking forward to making a phone call to one of our cast to ask him how he feels about getting into a trap that could potentially kill him. For real." Further, he said, "Of course we will make it as safe as we can and have paramedics standing by while we shoot. Its not like he really has an option and maybe it will make him appreciate his life. Ha!!"
On the traps themselves, Hackl said that he got the references from the film's trap builder. He explained, "Yesterday he (Tony Ianni) handed me a "reference" DVD from Jason Ehl our trap builder. I opened it just before leaving the office to go have my birthday dinner with my wife and kids. The disc was full of real life "inspiration" from industrial accidents, plane crashes and road disasters."
The production designer of "Repo! The Genetic Opera" further continues, "I almost hurled on my laptop. It all came from a discussion that we were having about the fact that the human body doesn't actually lose that much blood after the heart stops beating. It actually acts like a vessel, containing the blood unless there is an injury that allows it to drain downward. I like attention to detail."
On the occasion, Hackl also revealed that the filming date is near as the team are preparing to build the studio. He stated, "We are five weeks from shooting, we are deep in prep now and the production offices are buzzing. On Monday our construction team begins to fill our newly renovated 38 thousand square foot studio (The same place that we shot Bousman's Repo! only cleaned up)."
Produced by Mark Burg and Oren Koules, the fifth installment of "Saw" will still see Tobin Bell, Scott Patterson and Costas Mandylor as its leading characters. The film to be distributed by New Line Cinema is expected to be released in theaters on October 24.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered