Soul Musician John Legend Set to Appear in 'Soul Men'
Soul musician John Legend is joining the star-studded cast of drama comedy "Soul Men". According to Hollywood Reporter, the 29-year-old platinum-selling "Get Lifted" singer will be joining the earlier cast members, Samuel L. Jackson and Bernie Mac.
In the Malcolm Lee latest directing project, the hitmaker of "Ordinary People" is set to portray Marcus Hook, the frontman of the 1970s' popular soul band The Read Deal whose death forces the two remaining members to reunite. Joining him in the casting are Jennifer Coolidge, Sean Hayes as well as musicians, Isaac Hayes, Affion Crockett, Adam Herschman, Fatso Fasano and Jackie Long.
On the other new cast's news, it was reported that Coolidge will be playing the love interest of Mac's character, while Sean who is the former "Will & Grace" star has been signed to portray the band's abominable manager. This movie will also mark the comeback of Isaac to the big screen since he suffered a stroke back in 2006. Allegedly, the filming of the comedy has begun in Shreveport, Memphis and Los Angeles.
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'
- No Worry! Justin Bieber Strips Off His Shirt Showing Off New Inks and Toned Abs in Brazil
- Are Kylie Jenner and Tyga Breaking Up Again? Rapper Moves to New Bachelor Pad
- New 'Valerian' Trailer Offers a Better Look at the City of a Thousand Planets
- Jennifer Aniston Leans on Brad Pitt Amid Justin Theroux Split Rumors
- Details of Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez's Romantic Wedding and Baby Plans Revealed
- Mike WiLL Made It Releases Dramatic Music Video for 'On the Come Up' Feat. Big Sean
- Zac Efron Apologizes to Paris Jackson for Breaking Her Heart