Soul Musician John Legend Set to Appear in 'Soul Men'
Soul musician John Legend is joining the star-studded cast of drama comedy "Soul Men". According to Hollywood Reporter, the 29-year-old platinum-selling "Get Lifted" singer will be joining the earlier cast members, Samuel L. Jackson and Bernie Mac.
In the Malcolm Lee latest directing project, the hitmaker of "Ordinary People" is set to portray Marcus Hook, the frontman of the 1970s' popular soul band The Read Deal whose death forces the two remaining members to reunite. Joining him in the casting are Jennifer Coolidge, Sean Hayes as well as musicians, Isaac Hayes, Affion Crockett, Adam Herschman, Fatso Fasano and Jackie Long.
On the other new cast's news, it was reported that Coolidge will be playing the love interest of Mac's character, while Sean who is the former "Will & Grace" star has been signed to portray the band's abominable manager. This movie will also mark the comeback of Isaac to the big screen since he suffered a stroke back in 2006. Allegedly, the filming of the comedy has begun in Shreveport, Memphis and Los Angeles.
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6