Sophie Monk and Benji Madden Officially Split
The long circulated break up rumors have come to fruition, Sophie Monk and Benji Madden have called it quits.
The celebrity couple were reported to have split up early last month. Speculation of their troubled relationship first arose when Monk canceled a scheduled appearance at Carols by Candlelight, citing "family reasons".
None of them issued any words regarding the report at that time, whereas Monk's father was reluctant to comment as well, simply told reporters "There's nothing to say and I'm best to say nothing. You're best to talk to her manager."
However, an official confirmation was issued Tuesday, February 12 by Monk agent, verifying the pair have "officially split."
"Sophie and Benji have officially split. The decision was mutual and they remain amicable," Monk's Sydney agent, Yoon Kim, said in a statement to the Australia's Daily Telegraph. "This will be my only statement regarding this matter."
Monk and Benji first met on the set of a Good Charlotte music video back in 2006. They had been dating for six months when the rocker proposed to the starlet with a 3.5 carat Neil Lane diamond ring on Christmas Eve the same year.
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...