Sophie Monk and Benji Madden Officially Split
The long circulated break up rumors have come to fruition, Sophie Monk and Benji Madden have called it quits.
The celebrity couple were reported to have split up early last month. Speculation of their troubled relationship first arose when Monk canceled a scheduled appearance at Carols by Candlelight, citing "family reasons".
None of them issued any words regarding the report at that time, whereas Monk's father was reluctant to comment as well, simply told reporters "There's nothing to say and I'm best to say nothing. You're best to talk to her manager."
However, an official confirmation was issued Tuesday, February 12 by Monk agent, verifying the pair have "officially split."
"Sophie and Benji have officially split. The decision was mutual and they remain amicable," Monk's Sydney agent, Yoon Kim, said in a statement to the Australia's Daily Telegraph. "This will be my only statement regarding this matter."
Monk and Benji first met on the set of a Good Charlotte music video back in 2006. They had been dating for six months when the rocker proposed to the starlet with a 3.5 carat Neil Lane diamond ring on Christmas Eve the same year.
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch