Sophie Monk and Benji Madden Officially Split
The long circulated break up rumors have come to fruition, Sophie Monk and Benji Madden have called it quits.
The celebrity couple were reported to have split up early last month. Speculation of their troubled relationship first arose when Monk canceled a scheduled appearance at Carols by Candlelight, citing "family reasons".
None of them issued any words regarding the report at that time, whereas Monk's father was reluctant to comment as well, simply told reporters "There's nothing to say and I'm best to say nothing. You're best to talk to her manager."
However, an official confirmation was issued Tuesday, February 12 by Monk agent, verifying the pair have "officially split."
"Sophie and Benji have officially split. The decision was mutual and they remain amicable," Monk's Sydney agent, Yoon Kim, said in a statement to the Australia's Daily Telegraph. "This will be my only statement regarding this matter."
Monk and Benji first met on the set of a Good Charlotte music video back in 2006. They had been dating for six months when the rocker proposed to the starlet with a 3.5 carat Neil Lane diamond ring on Christmas Eve the same year.
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years