Sophie Monk and Benji Madden Officially Split
The long circulated break up rumors have come to fruition, Sophie Monk and Benji Madden have called it quits.
The celebrity couple were reported to have split up early last month. Speculation of their troubled relationship first arose when Monk canceled a scheduled appearance at Carols by Candlelight, citing "family reasons".
None of them issued any words regarding the report at that time, whereas Monk's father was reluctant to comment as well, simply told reporters "There's nothing to say and I'm best to say nothing. You're best to talk to her manager."
However, an official confirmation was issued Tuesday, February 12 by Monk agent, verifying the pair have "officially split."
"Sophie and Benji have officially split. The decision was mutual and they remain amicable," Monk's Sydney agent, Yoon Kim, said in a statement to the Australia's Daily Telegraph. "This will be my only statement regarding this matter."
Monk and Benji first met on the set of a Good Charlotte music video back in 2006. They had been dating for six months when the rocker proposed to the starlet with a 3.5 carat Neil Lane diamond ring on Christmas Eve the same year.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'