Avril Lavigne Promises Dance and Lots of Pinks in Upcoming Tour
Avril Lavigne is ready to rock the stage in her upcoming tour because her latest release is made for live actions. "The Best Damn Tour" that will support the album "The Best Damn Thing" promises big and energetic stage acts from the Canadian singer.
"My inspiration for this record, a lot of it came from the live show and knowing what kind of songs I wanted to play live," Lavigne said in a teleconference. "I wanted to play fast, fun songs. I love playing songs like 'Sk8er Boi' onstage because the crowd just reacts, and I love it when everyone is freaking out and jumping."
Lavigne also began comparing "The Best Damn Thing" with its predecessor. "My last record, 'Under My Skin,' was pretty mid-tempo and darker, so every song was like bringing down the audience," she said. "So I was just wanted to rock, which is why I made a very up-tempo record."
The jaunt will kick off March 5 in Victoria, British Columbia and stretch through May 10 in Seattle, W.A. Rock band Boys Like Girls have been tapped as her supporting act on some dates.
"The show is going to be very upbeat and the production will be bigger in the sense of dancers during a couple of songs, LED screens, a pink-sparkled drum kit and flags," Lavigne described. "Over time, I've sort of learned how I need to be on stage, and I'm more confident. It's just more dynamic, brighter and more colorful. I'm excited about it because I've been working on the show for a very long time now. And it's just going to be really fun to finally go play."
Earlier last month, Lavigne was hit with a production problem when an e-mail was circulated on the Internet, warning dancers of the low pay rate as the singer's back dancers. An audition was forced to be canceled after the so-called strike from Dancers' Alliance but it has apparently been contained as Lavigne said that there will be lots of dancers on her stage.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed