Renee Zellweger to Be a Husband Hunter in New Comedy Film?
One of the highest paid Hollywood actresses Renee Zellweger is going to tackle another comedy project. Variety reported that the star of drama musical "Chicago" is inches away from signing a deal to portray the lead character in an adaptation comedy "My One and Only".
In the film penned by Charlie Peters, the Academy Award Best Supporting Actress for "Cold Mountain" will be depicting Anne Deveraux, the glamorous lady who travels throughout the Eastern seaboard to find a rich man. For the film, Zellweger will work together with helmer Richard Loncraine.
Based on a true story of actor George Hamilton, the film is set in the 1950s. According to Variety, the story which is about his childhood journey on the road with mother and brother was told by the actor himself to Merv Griffin. The filming is scheduled to be started in April.
Zellweger recently lent her voice to the character of Vanessa Bloom in Jerry Seinfeld's computer animated film "Bee Movie". She will next be seen starring alongside George Clooney in romantic comedy "Leatherheads" slated for release on April 4. She can also be seen in horror thriller "Case 39" which will be opened in theaters on August 22.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle