Rapper Common Being Green Lantern in 'Justice League of America'
Rapper Common has been set to portray John Steward or known also as Green Lantern in the superhero flick "Justice League of America". According to MTV News, the hip-hop artist who has long rumored to be joining the cast of the action film has confirmed that he is indeed signed to star in it.
To the music network, the 35-year-old singer confessed that he was honored by being chosen to portray the character. He said, "It's a blessing really, to know that I could potentially be this superhero. Justice League itself is an honor, and Green Lantern is an incredible character to play. It's a blessing to be associated with it." Talking about being the only black superhero in the flick, he humbly said, "Just being a black person, a black man, playing a superhero is an honor in itself."
The character to be depicted by Common is a member of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps. He is a recurring character who usually replaces the position of other notable Earth Green Lanterns, such as Hal Jordan or Kyle Rayner, when they are are absent, on leave, or retired. Before being selected to be the backup for Hal Jordan, he was an architect and former U.S. Marine.
On the temporary shelving of the film, Common believes that the production will be back on track soon. His positive insight on the production was supported by the film's fight choreographer Richard Norton who noted in his blog that the production has been pushed back until July. In the meantime, concerning the plot details, he refused to give any comment, except saying that it was still "in progress".
More Justice League News
- R. Kelly Sued for Allegedly Having a 5-Year Affair With a Man's Wife
- 'Petty' Kylie Jenner's Not Happy Scott Disick Still Hangs Out With Her Ex Tyga
- 'The Walking Dead': The First Two New Characters in Season 8 Revealed
- 'Unbreakable'/'Split' Sequel 'Glass' Is Announced, Bruce Willis and James McAvoy Will Return
- Kim Kardashian's 'Jealous' of Kourtney's Hot Beach Body
- Katy Perry Announces Migos Collaboration 'Bon Appetit'
- Hilary Swank Boards FX's 'Trust'
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart