Rapper Common Being Green Lantern in 'Justice League of America'
Rapper Common has been set to portray John Steward or known also as Green Lantern in the superhero flick "Justice League of America". According to MTV News, the hip-hop artist who has long rumored to be joining the cast of the action film has confirmed that he is indeed signed to star in it.
To the music network, the 35-year-old singer confessed that he was honored by being chosen to portray the character. He said, "It's a blessing really, to know that I could potentially be this superhero. Justice League itself is an honor, and Green Lantern is an incredible character to play. It's a blessing to be associated with it." Talking about being the only black superhero in the flick, he humbly said, "Just being a black person, a black man, playing a superhero is an honor in itself."
The character to be depicted by Common is a member of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps. He is a recurring character who usually replaces the position of other notable Earth Green Lanterns, such as Hal Jordan or Kyle Rayner, when they are are absent, on leave, or retired. Before being selected to be the backup for Hal Jordan, he was an architect and former U.S. Marine.
On the temporary shelving of the film, Common believes that the production will be back on track soon. His positive insight on the production was supported by the film's fight choreographer Richard Norton who noted in his blog that the production has been pushed back until July. In the meantime, concerning the plot details, he refused to give any comment, except saying that it was still "in progress".
More Justice League News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie