Rapper Common Being Green Lantern in 'Justice League of America'
Rapper Common has been set to portray John Steward or known also as Green Lantern in the superhero flick "Justice League of America". According to MTV News, the hip-hop artist who has long rumored to be joining the cast of the action film has confirmed that he is indeed signed to star in it.
To the music network, the 35-year-old singer confessed that he was honored by being chosen to portray the character. He said, "It's a blessing really, to know that I could potentially be this superhero. Justice League itself is an honor, and Green Lantern is an incredible character to play. It's a blessing to be associated with it." Talking about being the only black superhero in the flick, he humbly said, "Just being a black person, a black man, playing a superhero is an honor in itself."
The character to be depicted by Common is a member of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps. He is a recurring character who usually replaces the position of other notable Earth Green Lanterns, such as Hal Jordan or Kyle Rayner, when they are are absent, on leave, or retired. Before being selected to be the backup for Hal Jordan, he was an architect and former U.S. Marine.
On the temporary shelving of the film, Common believes that the production will be back on track soon. His positive insight on the production was supported by the film's fight choreographer Richard Norton who noted in his blog that the production has been pushed back until July. In the meantime, concerning the plot details, he refused to give any comment, except saying that it was still "in progress".
More Justice League Part One News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding