Hundreds Mourn Heath Ledger in a Large Memorial Ceremony in Perth
Following a fresh confirmation issued by Kim Ledger about the private funeral for his late actor son Heath Ledger, a large memorial ceremony was being held Saturday afternoon, February 9 at Penrhos College, an exclusive girls' school in the southern Perth suburb of Como.
Per People, there were at least 300 people attended the service, which reportedly will be followed by a private funeral attended by only 10 of the actor's closest friends and relatives which among other will include Heath's parents and former fiancee Michelle Williams.
Actress Cate Blanchett, who starred with Heath in the Bob Dylan bio-flick, "I'm Not There," Bryan Brown, Australian Rules football stars Ben Cousins and David Wirrpanda and model Gemma Ward, were among the 300 mourners entering the school, most of whom were asked to show their I.D. before being admitted.
As of Williams, she was spotted arriving at the ceremony, held the hand of Heath's sister Kate Ledger as they walked into the school at about 12:30 P.M. Saturday, local time. The actress was seen sporting dark glasses and a white dress with black trim. Daughter Matilda Rose Ledger was nowhere to be seen.
Williams and Heath's family arrived for the service in a convoy of four black BMWs escorted by police. Heath's parents arrived afterward, first mother Sally Ledger Bell, with her husband Roger Bell, then father Kim Ledger and his wife Ines.
In a statement issued at a press conference held earlier in the day shortly before the funeral, it was stated that the media were allowed to photograph the crowd, but Heath's father Kim has requested that they respect the family's privacy.
Heath is expected to be buried in a family plot next to two of his grandparents at Perth's Karrakatta Cemetery with a final farewell has been slated to be held at a Colonial-style waterfront restaurant at Cottesloe Beach, a resort village south of Heath's hometown of Perth that was a favorite spot of the actor.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage