Hundreds Mourn Heath Ledger in a Large Memorial Ceremony in Perth
Following a fresh confirmation issued by Kim Ledger about the private funeral for his late actor son Heath Ledger, a large memorial ceremony was being held Saturday afternoon, February 9 at Penrhos College, an exclusive girls' school in the southern Perth suburb of Como.
Per People, there were at least 300 people attended the service, which reportedly will be followed by a private funeral attended by only 10 of the actor's closest friends and relatives which among other will include Heath's parents and former fiancee Michelle Williams.
Actress Cate Blanchett, who starred with Heath in the Bob Dylan bio-flick, "I'm Not There," Bryan Brown, Australian Rules football stars Ben Cousins and David Wirrpanda and model Gemma Ward, were among the 300 mourners entering the school, most of whom were asked to show their I.D. before being admitted.
As of Williams, she was spotted arriving at the ceremony, held the hand of Heath's sister Kate Ledger as they walked into the school at about 12:30 P.M. Saturday, local time. The actress was seen sporting dark glasses and a white dress with black trim. Daughter Matilda Rose Ledger was nowhere to be seen.
Williams and Heath's family arrived for the service in a convoy of four black BMWs escorted by police. Heath's parents arrived afterward, first mother Sally Ledger Bell, with her husband Roger Bell, then father Kim Ledger and his wife Ines.
In a statement issued at a press conference held earlier in the day shortly before the funeral, it was stated that the media were allowed to photograph the crowd, but Heath's father Kim has requested that they respect the family's privacy.
Heath is expected to be buried in a family plot next to two of his grandparents at Perth's Karrakatta Cemetery with a final farewell has been slated to be held at a Colonial-style waterfront restaurant at Cottesloe Beach, a resort village south of Heath's hometown of Perth that was a favorite spot of the actor.
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards