Hundreds Mourn Heath Ledger in a Large Memorial Ceremony in Perth
Following a fresh confirmation issued by Kim Ledger about the private funeral for his late actor son Heath Ledger, a large memorial ceremony was being held Saturday afternoon, February 9 at Penrhos College, an exclusive girls' school in the southern Perth suburb of Como.
Per People, there were at least 300 people attended the service, which reportedly will be followed by a private funeral attended by only 10 of the actor's closest friends and relatives which among other will include Heath's parents and former fiancee Michelle Williams.
Actress Cate Blanchett, who starred with Heath in the Bob Dylan bio-flick, "I'm Not There," Bryan Brown, Australian Rules football stars Ben Cousins and David Wirrpanda and model Gemma Ward, were among the 300 mourners entering the school, most of whom were asked to show their I.D. before being admitted.
As of Williams, she was spotted arriving at the ceremony, held the hand of Heath's sister Kate Ledger as they walked into the school at about 12:30 P.M. Saturday, local time. The actress was seen sporting dark glasses and a white dress with black trim. Daughter Matilda Rose Ledger was nowhere to be seen.
Williams and Heath's family arrived for the service in a convoy of four black BMWs escorted by police. Heath's parents arrived afterward, first mother Sally Ledger Bell, with her husband Roger Bell, then father Kim Ledger and his wife Ines.
In a statement issued at a press conference held earlier in the day shortly before the funeral, it was stated that the media were allowed to photograph the crowd, but Heath's father Kim has requested that they respect the family's privacy.
Heath is expected to be buried in a family plot next to two of his grandparents at Perth's Karrakatta Cemetery with a final farewell has been slated to be held at a Colonial-style waterfront restaurant at Cottesloe Beach, a resort village south of Heath's hometown of Perth that was a favorite spot of the actor.
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World