P. Diddy Leaving Music for Acting
Having jumped to the acting pool, P. Diddy is all but addicted. The rapper who had pocketed several multi platinum albums said that he is taking a break from music to concentrate on his new interest which was triggered by his performance in Broadway production of "A Raisin in the Sun"
"Right now I'm transitioning from a recording artist to acting," Diddy said. "Having an opportunity to play this role, it really changed my life. I had an opportunity to open up as an artist, and I learned so much. Every role I get, I feel I'm getting better."
Diddy has taken screen roles since 2001 when he was cast in "Made" alongside Vince Vaughn and in "Monster's Ball" alongside Halle Berry. The rapper is due to release the second volume of "We Invented the Remix" later this year but has revealed no plan for a studio album.
Meanwhile, the rapper paid his tribute to late actor Heath Ledger who starred opposite him in "Monster's Ball". He said, "When I first arrived on set, the first person I saw was Heath Ledger. He kind of took me aside and was there for me. We didn't have to work the first day I was there, so me and him kind of hung out that day and kind of became acquaintances. He kind of pulled me to the side and told me to relax and gave me some pointers. That's just the kind of person he was. He always talked in a whisper and he always had a great energy about him."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!