P. Diddy Leaving Music for Acting
Having jumped to the acting pool, P. Diddy is all but addicted. The rapper who had pocketed several multi platinum albums said that he is taking a break from music to concentrate on his new interest which was triggered by his performance in Broadway production of "A Raisin in the Sun"
"Right now I'm transitioning from a recording artist to acting," Diddy said. "Having an opportunity to play this role, it really changed my life. I had an opportunity to open up as an artist, and I learned so much. Every role I get, I feel I'm getting better."
Diddy has taken screen roles since 2001 when he was cast in "Made" alongside Vince Vaughn and in "Monster's Ball" alongside Halle Berry. The rapper is due to release the second volume of "We Invented the Remix" later this year but has revealed no plan for a studio album.
Meanwhile, the rapper paid his tribute to late actor Heath Ledger who starred opposite him in "Monster's Ball". He said, "When I first arrived on set, the first person I saw was Heath Ledger. He kind of took me aside and was there for me. We didn't have to work the first day I was there, so me and him kind of hung out that day and kind of became acquaintances. He kind of pulled me to the side and told me to relax and gave me some pointers. That's just the kind of person he was. He always talked in a whisper and he always had a great energy about him."
More P. Diddy News
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?