Pop Star Shakira Is Auctioning Off Her Tour Wardrobe for Charity
Shakira is auctioning off numbers of her clothes for charity, it has been reported.
The Columbian pop star is offering up more than 40 stage costumes she wore on her 2007 Oral Fixation tour to raise funds for her "Bare Feet Foundation," which is a leading project to build a school for impoverished kids in her native Colombia.
The items she put up for bid on the website eBay Giving Works among others include a shiny lavender skirt with turquoise and coral beading; a bright red dress with a plunging neckline and huge, winglike sleeves; and a blue tank top emblazoned with the slogan "For Those Who Love to Rock".
The auction, which began last Friday, February 1, is due to close on Sunday, February 10.
Eric Gazin, president of Auction Cause, the Los Angeles company that is running the auction, has stated that while most auctions start out slow, bids for Shakira's clothing have already been flooding in. "We have bids from all over the world. It's very exciting," Eric said in a statement.
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack