Pop Star Shakira Is Auctioning Off Her Tour Wardrobe for Charity
Shakira is auctioning off numbers of her clothes for charity, it has been reported.
The Columbian pop star is offering up more than 40 stage costumes she wore on her 2007 Oral Fixation tour to raise funds for her "Bare Feet Foundation," which is a leading project to build a school for impoverished kids in her native Colombia.
The items she put up for bid on the website eBay Giving Works among others include a shiny lavender skirt with turquoise and coral beading; a bright red dress with a plunging neckline and huge, winglike sleeves; and a blue tank top emblazoned with the slogan "For Those Who Love to Rock".
The auction, which began last Friday, February 1, is due to close on Sunday, February 10.
Eric Gazin, president of Auction Cause, the Los Angeles company that is running the auction, has stated that while most auctions start out slow, bids for Shakira's clothing have already been flooding in. "We have bids from all over the world. It's very exciting," Eric said in a statement.
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap