Pop Star Shakira Is Auctioning Off Her Tour Wardrobe for Charity
Shakira is auctioning off numbers of her clothes for charity, it has been reported.
The Columbian pop star is offering up more than 40 stage costumes she wore on her 2007 Oral Fixation tour to raise funds for her "Bare Feet Foundation," which is a leading project to build a school for impoverished kids in her native Colombia.
The items she put up for bid on the website eBay Giving Works among others include a shiny lavender skirt with turquoise and coral beading; a bright red dress with a plunging neckline and huge, winglike sleeves; and a blue tank top emblazoned with the slogan "For Those Who Love to Rock".
The auction, which began last Friday, February 1, is due to close on Sunday, February 10.
Eric Gazin, president of Auction Cause, the Los Angeles company that is running the auction, has stated that while most auctions start out slow, bids for Shakira's clothing have already been flooding in. "We have bids from all over the world. It's very exciting," Eric said in a statement.
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Ellen DeGeneres Breaks Record With 20th Win
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel Are Trying for Baby No. 2
- Khloe Kardashian Is 'Thrilled' She's Expecting First Child With Tristan Thompson
- Sony's Animated 'Spider-Man' Movie Will Feature Miles Morales as the Lead
- People's Choice Awards 2017: J.Lo, Blake Lively, Kristen Bell Stun on Red Carpet
- Grammy Awards 2017: John Legend, Metallica Among First Performers Announced
- Is Charlize Theron's Adopted Son Becoming a Girl? He Wears Box Braids and Pink Outfit