Pop Star Shakira Is Auctioning Off Her Tour Wardrobe for Charity
Shakira is auctioning off numbers of her clothes for charity, it has been reported.
The Columbian pop star is offering up more than 40 stage costumes she wore on her 2007 Oral Fixation tour to raise funds for her "Bare Feet Foundation," which is a leading project to build a school for impoverished kids in her native Colombia.
The items she put up for bid on the website eBay Giving Works among others include a shiny lavender skirt with turquoise and coral beading; a bright red dress with a plunging neckline and huge, winglike sleeves; and a blue tank top emblazoned with the slogan "For Those Who Love to Rock".
The auction, which began last Friday, February 1, is due to close on Sunday, February 10.
Eric Gazin, president of Auction Cause, the Los Angeles company that is running the auction, has stated that while most auctions start out slow, bids for Shakira's clothing have already been flooding in. "We have bids from all over the world. It's very exciting," Eric said in a statement.
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival
- Blac Chyna Reportedly Dating Kourtney Kardashian's Former Beau Quincy Combs