'SexyBack' singer Justin Timberlake Goes to 'The Open Road'
"SexyBack" singer Justin Timberlake is going to make another attempt in the big screen. According to Variety, the four-time Grammy Award-winning singer has been signed to star in drama comedy "The Open Road" along with Jeff Bridges and Mary Steenburgen.
Details about which character Timberlake will be playing hasn't been revealed yet. Still, it was explained that the Perfect Weekend's film, which will be directed by Michael Meredith, centers around a young man who is trying to reconnect with his legendary athlete father in order to bring his father home to meet his dying mother. The principal photography is scheduled to be started later this month in Louisiana and other Southern states.
Though more famous for his musical talent, the acting world is not a novel word for the 27-year-old former NSYNC member. In his earlier days, Timberlake began his career by joining the American variety television show, The Mickey Mouse Club. He has also appeared in a few feature films including "On the Line", "Edison Force" and "Black Snake Moan", as well as lent his voice to "Shrek the Third". His next filming project is Marco Schnabel's comedy starring Jessica Biel, "The Love Guru".
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers