'SexyBack' singer Justin Timberlake Goes to 'The Open Road'
"SexyBack" singer Justin Timberlake is going to make another attempt in the big screen. According to Variety, the four-time Grammy Award-winning singer has been signed to star in drama comedy "The Open Road" along with Jeff Bridges and Mary Steenburgen.
Details about which character Timberlake will be playing hasn't been revealed yet. Still, it was explained that the Perfect Weekend's film, which will be directed by Michael Meredith, centers around a young man who is trying to reconnect with his legendary athlete father in order to bring his father home to meet his dying mother. The principal photography is scheduled to be started later this month in Louisiana and other Southern states.
Though more famous for his musical talent, the acting world is not a novel word for the 27-year-old former NSYNC member. In his earlier days, Timberlake began his career by joining the American variety television show, The Mickey Mouse Club. He has also appeared in a few feature films including "On the Line", "Edison Force" and "Black Snake Moan", as well as lent his voice to "Shrek the Third". His next filming project is Marco Schnabel's comedy starring Jessica Biel, "The Love Guru".
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones