'SexyBack' singer Justin Timberlake Goes to 'The Open Road'
"SexyBack" singer Justin Timberlake is going to make another attempt in the big screen. According to Variety, the four-time Grammy Award-winning singer has been signed to star in drama comedy "The Open Road" along with Jeff Bridges and Mary Steenburgen.
Details about which character Timberlake will be playing hasn't been revealed yet. Still, it was explained that the Perfect Weekend's film, which will be directed by Michael Meredith, centers around a young man who is trying to reconnect with his legendary athlete father in order to bring his father home to meet his dying mother. The principal photography is scheduled to be started later this month in Louisiana and other Southern states.
Though more famous for his musical talent, the acting world is not a novel word for the 27-year-old former NSYNC member. In his earlier days, Timberlake began his career by joining the American variety television show, The Mickey Mouse Club. He has also appeared in a few feature films including "On the Line", "Edison Force" and "Black Snake Moan", as well as lent his voice to "Shrek the Third". His next filming project is Marco Schnabel's comedy starring Jessica Biel, "The Love Guru".
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy