Linkin Park Have Good Feeling for Quicker Release
It took them around four years to move from "Meteora" to "Minutes to Midnight" with a Jay-Z-collaborative album in between, but Linkin Park have predicted that they will move faster on the new one. Frontman Chester Bennington revealed that he has "a good feeling" that the fourth album will come out quicker.
"We sparked a new kind of life into what we do during the writing of ('Midnight')," Bennington told Billboard.com. "We want to keep that going. I think we're in the mode, and I have a good feeling we're going to put another record out really quickly."
Bennington also explained what happened during the transition from the sophomore set to the follow up, saying, "Even though we did tour (for 'Meteora') for two years, we didn't start working on writing ('Midnight') until seven months after we stopped touring. So it seemed like a really, really long time to our fans and it seemed like a really, really long time to us. I don't see that happening again."
The rock band are also still rooting on their spontaneous method in writing the next one. Bennington for instance, fears that overplanning a creative project may mean "you're gonna screw it up". He explained, "When a song comes, I'll write it. When a song comes to Mike (Shinoda), he'll put an idea down. We just kind of roll with it spontaneously."
Together with Coheed and Cambria and Chiodos, the six-piece will kick off a tour on Tuesday, February 12 in Omaha, Nebraska. They also reveal plans to headline another Projekt Revolution this Summer that traditionally will bring other bands along with them.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen