Linkin Park Have Good Feeling for Quicker Release
It took them around four years to move from "Meteora" to "Minutes to Midnight" with a Jay-Z-collaborative album in between, but Linkin Park have predicted that they will move faster on the new one. Frontman Chester Bennington revealed that he has "a good feeling" that the fourth album will come out quicker.
"We sparked a new kind of life into what we do during the writing of ('Midnight')," Bennington told Billboard.com. "We want to keep that going. I think we're in the mode, and I have a good feeling we're going to put another record out really quickly."
Bennington also explained what happened during the transition from the sophomore set to the follow up, saying, "Even though we did tour (for 'Meteora') for two years, we didn't start working on writing ('Midnight') until seven months after we stopped touring. So it seemed like a really, really long time to our fans and it seemed like a really, really long time to us. I don't see that happening again."
The rock band are also still rooting on their spontaneous method in writing the next one. Bennington for instance, fears that overplanning a creative project may mean "you're gonna screw it up". He explained, "When a song comes, I'll write it. When a song comes to Mike (Shinoda), he'll put an idea down. We just kind of roll with it spontaneously."
Together with Coheed and Cambria and Chiodos, the six-piece will kick off a tour on Tuesday, February 12 in Omaha, Nebraska. They also reveal plans to headline another Projekt Revolution this Summer that traditionally will bring other bands along with them.
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist